Onkyo DS575 on/off problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo DS575 on/off problem

Kburgess
04-20-2004, 11:06 AM
I have an ONKYO TX-DS575 which has just developed a problem.
The problem is that the receiver stays in Standby mode and does not turn on......this happens when I push the power button as well as when I try the Standby button. The receiver will power up for a split second prior to going back to Standby.

magictooth
04-20-2004, 11:36 AM
I have an ONKYO TX-DS575 which has just developed a problem.
The problem is that the receiver stays in Standby mode and does not turn on......this happens when I push the power button as well as when I try the Standby button. The receiver will power up for a split second prior to going back to Standby.
Is it under warranty? Take it back if it's new. Did you have a power surge or outtage recently? If you're semi handy, you can take the casing off with a screwdriver. Look around on the inside and see if any of the fuses are blown. If there is one, take it out and replace. This is probably the most likely scenario. On the other hand, you may have a more serious problem with some of the other sections that may need factory trained help.

Kburgess
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Magictooth, thanks for your advice. No power surges or outtages and the 2 visable fuses look ok to me. Any other ideas!!

Worf101
04-20-2004, 05:57 PM
If you've got some threads touching on your speaker connections this may be "shorting" the system and causing it to go to "standby" mode. That's about all I can think of...

Da Worfster