Pat Benatar favorite top 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pat Benatar favorite top 3

Smokey
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
In the 80's, alot of music lovers considered Joan Jett as the lady of the rock. But IMO that title belong to Pat Benatar as she did far better songs and albums than Joan Jett.

Backed by husband lead guitarist Neil Giraldo and excellent drummer Myron Grombacher, they put out many memorable albums which the following songs are cherry picked.

Ranked by most favorite:

1. "Little Too Late" from Get nervous
2. "Invincible" from Seven the Hard Way
3. "Sex as a Weapon" from Seven the Hard Way
4. "Anxiety (Get Nervous)" from Get Nervous

.http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/44789771/Pat+Benatar+Pat+00.jpg

MasterCylinder
02-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Heartbreaker
Hit Me with Your Best Shot
Love is a Battlefield

JohnMichael
02-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Was she the artist that sang that cheery tune "Hell Is For Children"?

Finch Platte
02-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Cracks me up how many people look at these posts and don't respond. What did you think it was gonna be about? :rolleyes5: I think we should start threads with a title that's totally different than the content.

Any PB faves of mine would have to be off the first disc. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Heat_of_the_Night_(Pat_Benatar_album)) Remember that one?

Did you know that her real name is Patricia Mae Andrzejewskikattaninskitredupodeaturlu? Good thing they put Mae for her middle name so people woudn't confuse her with the other Patricia Andrzejewskikattaninskitredupodeaturlu.

JohnMichael
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Do I remember correctly that she had operatic training?

Smokey
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Any PB faves of mine would have to be off the first disc. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Heat_of_the_Night_(Pat_Benatar_album)) Remember that one?That is a good album. But that was before the drummer Myron Grombacher join the band which IMO is one of strong point about PB.

If you watch the video of the song "Sex as a Weapon" on Youtube, you can see that Myron is like a caged animal on drums that throw in extar notes at end of each lyric line.

Was she the artist that sang that cheery tune "Hell Is For Children"?
Do I remember correctly that she had operatic training?

Google it :D

JohnMichael
02-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Google it :D

I knew the answers and was only trying to stimulate conversation.

3LB
02-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Mostly her tough chick era:

Treat Me Right
Heartbreaker
Fire And Ice

Honorable mention to her cover of Mellencamp's I Need A Lover. Hit Me With Your Best Shot might be her most over-played song.

But I did like (and owned) her Seven The Hard Way album (still have no idea what that title is about, but have entertained a few notions). Invincible, Sex As A Weapon and Art Of Letting Go were good songs, trendy '80s production and all. Hell, I even liked the movie that Invincible was featured as theme, The Legend of Billie Jean.

JohnMichael
02-07-2013, 04:24 PM
When I was working in an audio shop everybody wanted to either hear Pat Benatar, Pink Floyd's DSM or Supertramp. Oh and they always wanted to hear them through Bose 901's. I still am not able to listen to any of that again.

Mr Peabody
02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
1. Hell Is For Children. (Probably her most misunderstood song by those who don't listen to lyrics)
Maybe not cheery, but an unfortunate fact of life. The song rocks.
2. Heartbreaker
3. Fire & Ice

The first two albums are pretty much solid start to finish but after that things got a bit sparatic.

JohnMichael
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I know too well it is a fact of life

Hell Is For Children

They cry in the dark, so you can't see their tears
They hide in the light, so you can't see their fears
Forgive and forget, all the while
Love and pain become one and the same
In the eyes of a wounded child
Because hell
Hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell
Hell is for children
And you shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

Its all so confusing, this brutal abusing
They blacken your eyes, and then apologize
Youre daddys good girl, and don't tell mommy a thing
Be a good little boy, and you'll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell off the swing

Because hell
Hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell
Hell is for children
And you shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

No, hell is for children

Hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for children

Hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for children

Hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for hell
Hell is for children

Hell is for children
Hell is for children

Mr Peabody
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The lyrics comment wasn't directed at you directly John, more of a general statement as I've had to explain the song to some in the past, nice recap though :)

Smokey
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I usually don't listen to lyrics, but that is an interesting one. The meanings are buried between the lines. Maybe another spin is warranted :)

Thanks

JohnMichael
02-08-2013, 01:06 PM
The lyrics comment wasn't directed at you directly John, more of a general statement as I've had to explain the song to some in the past, nice recap though :)

I know and I also had to explain what the song was about. As a demo song for so many times it got to be a little depressing that many did not get it. A cry for help unheard.