One of the worst halftime shows ever! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst halftime shows ever!

Hyfi
02-04-2013, 04:00 AM
What trash! If I wanted to see bimbos in their underwear thrusting their crotch at me and pole dancing, I would just go to the strip club. If the girl had any real talent, she would not need to distract with that crap. But if she just stood there and sang, she probably would not have that many fans.

Maybe they should have just let her do the National Anthem and allow a REAL performer, Alicia Keys, to do the whole halftime show. All she needs is a Piano and her voice and she can make the most overplayed mundane song sound good.

I flipped over to FOX and was more entertained by an old rerun of the Simpsons than what Beyonce does for me. Each year they pick a worse performer anymore.

Not that many great commercials either.

Luvin Da Blues
02-04-2013, 04:37 AM
I actually thought it was quite amusing seeing what passes for popular entertainment nowadays. Had to 'wash' my ears with some Willie Dixon after that performance.

The light show had a 'few' good moments tho.

recoveryone
02-04-2013, 07:18 AM
I agree with the show, but I would not say she has no talent. I think she prove herself at the press conference

Hyfi
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I did not actually say no talent but......She sure can Pole Dance

noddin0ff
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
If she had any talent above the navel, I didn't notice. Kept thinking someone was about to slip a dollar in her tights. Light show was cool though.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Comparing one artist to another is much like comparing Apples with Banana's. The music styles are different, the approach is different, but the end game is the same - entertain the people. I am sure the live audience loved what they saw(based on the crowd reaction).

dean_martin
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Although I have no idea what the criteria are for selecting a Super Bowl half-time performer, I would think the following are part of the selection process:

1. The performer must have mass appeal.
2. The show must be a high-energy spectacle ("spectacular" is in the eye of the beholder hence I used the word "spectacle", and "high-energy" is pretty much crucial).

I'm sure there are other criteria, but I think the two I listed were met this year.

Can you imagine the crowd trying to get back into the game if some singer-song writer came out to the 50 yard line and sat on a bar stool with only his/her acoustic guitar? No matter how talented he or she might be, it just wouldn't fit the occasion.

Let's say it was your job to select the performer and you selected your favorite artist. Do you think you would have that job come the next Super Bowl? I wouldn't. My arse would be canned if I picked my favorite.

JohnMichael
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I agree wit you Dean. I could not imagine a pianist performing "Pictures At An Exhibition" for a half time show. I think Beyonce is a very talented and beautiful woman. I find it interesting that men who are all keyed up over the violence of football would not enjoy a chance to watch a little tease.

Glen B
02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
IMO Beyoncé and her Destiny's Child alumni CAN sing. I watched a bit of their performance and thought it was fine. Its everyone's right to just not like a particular artist or genre of music, and another thing to make unnecessary disparaging remarks.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
IMO Beyoncé and her Destiny's Child alumni CAN sing. I watched a bit of their performance and thought it was fine. Its everyone's right to just not like a particular artist or genre of music, and another thing to make unnecessary disparaging remarks.

+1,264,987,159,753,258,741,963.1

Dean, you are so right.

Luvin Da Blues
02-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Yup, 20 million prepubescent girls couldn't possibly be wrong. Could they?

Hyfi
02-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Yup, 20 million prepubescent girls couldn't possibly be wrong. Could they?

I always thought that it was supposed to be Family Entertainment. I guess this is another reason that the Family is in such a downward spiral if this is what parents approve for their young children.

20 Million fat bald drunk guys can't be wrong either.

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2013, 06:28 AM
I didn't watch the game and didn't see the halftime show, so I won't comment on it directly. But halftime shows are like pep rallies, they need to be high energy to keep the crowd wound up and excited. Alicia Keys playing piano and singing would only serve to put the crowd to sleep. Expecially if she sang at the tempo that she sang the National Anthem. While a very beautiful rendition, a similar half-time show would hardly serve its purpose.

You want to talk about bad half-time shows? How about Justin Beiber and Carly Rae Jepsen singing to 55,000 drunk Canadians at the CFL Grey Cup game (Canada's equivalent to the SuperBowl) in Toronto last November. Now THAT was a poorly planned half-time show. LOL!

recoveryone
02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AKpHHX1bV6M" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>Let me inject some humor:

Beyonce Super Bowl Halftime Performance SPOOF - Love On Top - YouTube (http://youtu.be/AKpHHX1bV6M)

recoveryone
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
does the video show, it will not for me, only in preview mode

Hyfi
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Not showing, how about a URL?

Hey I was thinking, how about if they did not have a music act for halftime but instead had a 3 or 5 round Ultimate Fighting Match? Wouldn't that keep the energy level up for the second half? Since Football is a pretty barbaric sport to begin with, a real fight just might satisfy.

In most cases, Violence is much more acceptable than Sex so why not?