Give just a little bit more, take a little bit less, from each other tonight [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Give just a little bit more, take a little bit less, from each other tonight

Davey
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Never comes the day for my love and me.
I feel her gently sighing as the evening slips away.
If only you knew what's inside of me now
You wouldn't want to know me somehow,
But ...
You will love me tonight,
We alone will be alright,
In the end.

Ya know, some of those early Moody Blues songs were kinda fluffy, everybody was finding their time and place, but some of it still sounds as good as anything since. When the Moodies were on, there wasn't really anybody better.

Slosh
02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
I've never been a Moody's fan but have been riding the way back machine recently too.

They don't write 'em like that anymore (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2956428/02%20The%20Breakup%20Song%20(They%20Don't%20Write% 20'Em).flac)

Swish
02-03-2013, 06:05 AM
But ...
In the end.

Ya know, some of those early Moody Blues songs were kinda fluffy, everybody was finding their time and place, but some of it still sounds as good as anything since. When the Moodies were on, there wasn't really anybody better.

I was a big fan in the late 60s and early 70s, and I remember listening to 'To our Childrens' Children Children' over and over. In retrospect it wasn't their finest effort, but it didn't matter so much at the time.

Blasting, Billowing, Bursting Forth with the
Power of ten billion butterfly sneezes,
Man with his flaming pyre has conquered the wayward breezes,
Climbing to tranquillity far above the cloud,
Conceiving the heavens clear of misty shroud.

3LB
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
But ...
In the end.

Funny, I actually went on a Moodies bender about a year ago. Yeah, when they were on, they were great, but their cheese was limburger - describes most prog actually.