Do you need to use foul language and trash talk to prove your points? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to use foul language and trash talk to prove your points?

Hyfi
02-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Just curious as to how many here feel that they need to hurl obscenities, belittle people, and just plain trash talk in order to make your points or attempt to win an argument?

It does appear that most here can hold a civil tongue no matter what the discussion is while others find the need to use the above on a routine basis.

Does it make you feel bigger?
Does it make you fell smarter?
Does it make you feel like you won when you didn't?
Is it an effect of how you were raised?
Is it the only reaction you know how to use when your buttons get pushed?
Is it a personality disorder or maybe a chemical imbalance?
Or is it just because you can hide behind your computer?

Inquiring Minds want to know :)

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Here we go again. This thread will only get as ugly as the last. I feel that it is directed to one person and there were more at fault. If this becomes a group hate thread it will be closed quickly. The last thread was at least to discuss something in the news. This is to bait and continue ill feelings.

Hyfi
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
It will only get as ugly as the last thread if those in charge do not enforce the rules and protect certain people.

All I did was politely ask a few questions with a civil tongue. It won't be my fault if it gets ugly.

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
It will only get as ugly as the last thread if those in charge do not enforce the rules and protect certain people.

All I did was politely ask a few questions with a civil tongue. It won't be my fault if it gets ugly.

Your questions were insulting at best. How were you raised, your mental health diagnosis, etc. are insinuating much. I did not protect anyone and no one has been banned. If you want this site heavily moderates so be it.