How to play computer speaker sounds through mic port? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to play computer speaker sounds through mic port?

Lrb
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi guys;

Audio amateur here. How can I play the sounds from my computer speakers through my microphone port:

1) With no loss in sound quality
2) While allowing me to have my regular microphone connected to the microphone port as usual

I run a Windows 7 laptop with only 1 microphone port and speaker port.

Thanks!

Feanor
01-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi guys;

Audio amateur here. How can I play the sounds from my computer speakers through my microphone port:

1) With no loss in sound quality
2) While allowing me to have my regular microphone connected to the microphone port as usual

I run a Windows 7 laptop with only 1 microphone port and speaker port.

Thanks!
Well, unless somebody has a better idea -- no-can-do. The microphone port is an input port, and won't function as a output port.

JoeE SP9
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
What's the problem with using the speaker port?

Lrb
01-28-2013, 01:14 AM
I need to run my computer sounds through the MIC port so that I can play some files over VOIP calls. Gotomeeting and similar software doesn't fit the application we need.

Feanor
01-28-2013, 06:02 AM
I need to run my computer sounds through the MIC port so that I can play some files over VOIP calls. Gotomeeting and similar software doesn't fit the application we need.
I believe that Windows "Direct Sound" can mix sounds from multiple sources, e.g. VOIP and a music player. Perhaps in your case one of these is presently set up for exclusive use of the audio stack -- check for this. The MIC port cannot be used for output, so forget about that.