J.J. Abrams to Direct New Star Wars [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Abrams to Direct New Star Wars

Jack in Wilmington
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Just read this and if he can bring to the Star Wars series what he did for the Star Trek series, we could be in for some really good SciFi. I think most people feel that I, II and III don't measure up to IV, V and VI so he's hoping.

ForeverAutumn
01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Is this going to be -1 or 7?

dingus
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
what he did for Star Trek is to render everything that came before null and void. i suppose doing the same for Star Wars wouldnt be such a bad thing as George Lucas effectively killed that franchise years ago...

"JJ Abrams is science fiction for people who like Jay Leno... at the height of mediocrity"

Jack in Wilmington
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
I didn't find that in the Star Trek movie. The trekies at the conventions loved it and you would think they would be the worst critics. I felt he breathed life back into the Star Trek francise. After movies like Nemesis, Generations and Insurection this franchise needed a jump start.

dingus
01-24-2013, 05:56 PM
no argument there. it was the best Star Trek movie in... well ever! the problem i had with it is that it makes everything prior irrelevant.

Jack in Wilmington
01-24-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm not following how. It is a prequel to all the other movies as far as a timeline.

dingus
01-24-2013, 06:35 PM
it changed the Star Trek history. all that we know of it never happens in JJ's version.

Jack in Wilmington
01-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Well it will be interesting to see how he's handling the next movie.