Okay, I am sick of hearing about lip syncing [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I am sick of hearing about lip syncing

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
For the last couple of days all I have heard on the news and from friends is that Beyonce lip sync'd the national anthem. My response has been "so what". It is not that I don't care about the story, it is because most folks don't understand what a performance threshold is for an artist. People think that good vocalist should get on stage and sing no matter what the weather conditions are, the acoustics of the venue are, or what type of equipment used. It is just not that way in real life, as just like any instrument, you ability to sing your best depends on many things.

Sometimes you have to lip sync, and it does not mean you can't sing live(for some that is the case). I personally do not do my best singing outside when it is cold or windy. For other singers this may not be a problem. I also don't like excessively dry air either. I know some singers that don't like to sing in the morning, but that is no problem for me. I know professional singers that don't talk during performance day. If I did that, I would not sing my best. Every singer is different no matter how talented(or non talent) they are.

Ladies and gentlemen the Star Spangled Banner is one of the hardest songs in the world for a vocalist to sing. I have performed it a dozen times in my life. It stretches one and a half octaves from the lowest to highest notes. Most pop singers barely do a half octave. Most folks who have sung it should not have tried in the first place. Beyonce is not one of those singers. She can kill this song. Her reasoning for not going live would not have bothered me, I have stepped into situations with little or no rehearsal and have done fine as long as I knew the material well. She had no rehearsal time with the Band, and she didn't feel comfortable singing without some rehearsal. I understand this completely. So she went into the studio and pre-recorded the song like most vocal artist at events like this. You never know what can happen the day of the event, and it is always good to have some sort of backup just in case.

Here are reasons that I would lip sync if I were a pop singer.

1. If I have a lot of choreography in my performance. It is VERY difficult to do a lot of dancing and sing your best at the same time. Combining the right breathing for dancing and for singing is completely different.

2. If I had to sing a wide range song on a cold or windy day. I have lost my voice during these conditions so many times, that I would be smart enough to have a backup just in case.

3. When the acoustics are really bad that it creates a long delay between musicians and singer. Or if there was a lot of reverberation in the venue, like a basketball court.

4. If I could not sing live very well, which is the case for many pop singers these days.

I have to remind people that your voice is an instrument. A just like any instrument, the elements can have a profound effect on how it sounds. Yo Yo Ma pre-recorded his song during Obama first swearing in 2009. The cold made his hands numb, and his Cello would not stay in tune in 20 degree weather. Aretha Franklin sang live after sitting outside for an hour in those same conditions, and she sounded like garbage when she opened her mouth. She stated she should have lip sync'd it instead. I marched Drum corps when I was young, and I used to hear brass complain about tuning issues when the temperature got very hot or cold. Worf can correct me on this, but when the strings of a guitar and piano are subjected to cold weather, the strings contract making the instrument sharp. When it is hot, the strings expand making the instrument flat. The same can happen when the vocal cords are introduced to cold weather.

There are some pop stars that should never sing the national anthem in life again. Christina Aguilera, Anita Baker, Carl Lewis, Cuba Gooding, Keyshia Cole, and Miley Cyrus come to mind as some of the worst performances of the song.

What do other feel about this flap? Or maybe you just don't care. LOL

Worf101
01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Good post. And may I add Yo Yo Ma "string synched" his performance in 2008 at the first innaugual! Just saying.

Dave

bobsticks
01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I agree with everything you said...

...but, ultimately, I don't care. Mrs. Knowles-Carter, whether she participates in a genre of music that I care about or not, has got some pipes...why would I care if it was live or not? She still went through the effort to record a challenging piece and present it as a gift to the nation. The intent was good. Is anyone questioning the validity of the Marines as performers for phoning one in?

01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing. I can hear the EQ they had on the microphone. It sounded kind of hollow, like the system was at the onset of feedback, or just bad EQ on her voice. On top of that, there is absolutely no latency between her lips, and the background track. On every music video I have ever mixed, there is latency between the lips and the track. Directors keep the visuals moving to cover this up.

What she did in essence was use a music background track that she had pre-recorded, and probably practiced to. She was probably more comfortable with that, than a live Band she has never rehearsed with.

dean_martin
01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Sir T, you must post a link to a download or youtube video. I want to hear/see you sing!

blackraven
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
If you are going to a concert and expect a show with the Artist dancing around the stage then you should not complain about lip syncing. Me personally, I would never go to a concert of a vocalist that lip sync'ed. I go to concerts the see a live performance and hear the artist actual voice. I would feel like my money was stolen if the performer lip sync'ed.

Worf101
01-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Sir T, you must post a link to a download or youtube video. I want to hear/see you sing!

Hey... yeah! What Deano said. You been holdin' out on us ya bum!

Worf

01-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Deano, I guess because I have mostly done background singing, I have never paid attention to whether anyone recorded any performance I have done. It is really a side, side, and double side gig for me now days as I did most of my singing and performing in the late 80's and 90's. Now it is all about being behind the mixing console where I don't have to be sexy and hot all of the time. LOLOL.

dean_martin
01-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Deano, I guess because I have mostly done background singing, I have never paid attention to whether anyone recorded any performance I have done. It is really a side, side, and double side gig for me now days as I did most of my singing and performing in the late 80's and 90's. Now it is all about being behind the mixing console where I don't have to be sexy and hot all of the time. LOLOL.
Cool. I made some home recordings last year using an old Yamaha 4-track (cassette). I could've used a professional sound engineer, updated equipment . . . and a professional singer and musicians.

I made a youtube video of a song I wrote about the gulf oil spill in 2010. It was over the July 4th holiday. It has a little too much beer and twang.

01-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Cool. I made some home recordings last year using an old Yamaha 4-track (cassette). I could've used a professional sound engineer, updated equipment . . . and a professional singer and musicians.

I made a youtube video of a song I wrote about the gulf oil spill in 2010. It was over the July 4th holiday. It has a little too much beer and twang.

Beer and twang......wahahahahahahahaha....lolololol..I gotta pee before I pee meself up.

The next performance I do, I am going to get those knuckle headed twins of mine to film it.

Hyfi
01-25-2013, 09:58 AM
I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing. I can hear the EQ they had on the microphone.

Yeah right. Guess someone needs glasses and a hearing aid.

Beyonce Lip Sync Confirmed, Inaugural Official: 'She Did Not Sing Live'
Beyonce Lip Sync Confirmed, Inaugural Official: 'She Did Not Sing Live' - The Boombox (http://www.theboombox.com/2013/01/24/beyonce-lip-sync-confirmed/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl34|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D261187)

JohnMichael
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
I saw where Rand Paul thought the President should resign if she lip synched. I about laughed my ass off.

01-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Beyonce Lip Sync Confirmed, Inaugural Official: 'She Did Not Sing Live'
Beyonce Lip Sync Confirmed, Inaugural Official: 'She Did Not Sing Live' - The Boombox (http://www.theboombox.com/2013/01/24/beyonce-lip-sync-confirmed/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl34|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D261187)

What difference does it make stupid, it was her performance in the first place. She did sing the song on the recording that she lip sync'd to. Does that fact escape your air head?

I have told you this before, and I will tell this to you again. GO SCREW YOURSELF NUMBNUTZ...or better yet, NONUTZ!

Hyfi
01-28-2013, 05:24 AM
What difference does it make stupid, it was her performance in the first place. She did sing the song on the recording that she lip sync'd to. Does that fact escape your air head?

I have told you this before, and I will tell this to you again. GO SCREW YOURSELF NUMBNUTZ...or better yet, NONUTZ!

The difference was just to point out that one again, your high and mighty know it all opinion, was just more smoke blowing out your @ss as usual.

And as usual, I see you are still following the AR Posting rules and you continue to get preferential treatment from the MODS. Your respectful, integrity enveloped responses to people are one of the main reasons people keep leaving this place and no newbies stick around.

Hope your proud of yourself, we all are.

noddin0ff
01-28-2013, 05:54 AM
I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing. I can hear the EQ they had on the microphone. It sounded kind of hollow, like the system was at the onset of feedback, or just bad EQ on her voice. On top of that, there is absolutely no latency between her lips, and the background track. On every music video I have ever mixed, there is latency between the lips and the track. Directors keep the visuals moving to cover this up.

What she did in essence was use a music background track that she had pre-recorded, and probably practiced to. She was probably more comfortable with that, than a live Band she has never rehearsed with.

I know you guys have a 'history' and all. But, geez T. Don't you think this could of been a good moment to just say 'Huh. I was wrong.' And gracefully move on? You're the one who put their expertise on the line.

Feanor
01-28-2013, 06:21 AM
I saw where Rand Paul thought the President should resign if she lip synched. I about laughed my ass off.
That's really sweet, (assuming you hear this from a reliable source).

I've long kind of liked and enjoyed Ron Paul though I disagree with most of his ideas except on reduced military and getting the US out of other people's counties. On the other Rand Paul comes across to me as a total jackass.

Speaking of politicians, I believe the first openly gay provincial premier/state governor in Canada/USA took office today in Ontario, (also the first woman premier in this province) -- Kathleen Wynne: congratulations to her on her election as Leader of the Ontario Liberal Party and hence her assumption of the Premiership.

01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
The difference was just to point out that one again, your high and mighty know it all opinion, was just more smoke blowing out your @ss as usual.

And as usual, I see you are still following the AR Posting rules and you continue to get preferential treatment from the MODS. Your respectful, integrity enveloped responses to people are one of the main reasons people keep leaving this place and no newbies stick around.

Hope your proud of yourself, we all are.

Here we go again. Can somebody get a pamper, the baby is leaking again.

If there is any way to stuff your head up your own bum, do it. Don't lecture me fool, you were the one that began this, so stop crying. In the future, it might be helpful to just not respond to anything I write, or you will get what is coming to you. Get it?

01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
I know you guys have a 'history' and all. But, geez T. Don't you think this could of been a good moment to just say 'Huh. I was wrong.' And gracefully move on? You're the one who put their expertise on the line.

This idiot makes this statement Yeah right. Guess someone needs glasses and a hearing aid. and you come after me? Wow, you talk about unfair. When you make a statement like that, you deserve what comes at you. There was no reason for that statement PERIOD.

Hyfi
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
so stop crying. In the future, it might be helpful to just not respond to anything I write, or you will get what is coming to you. Get it?

Nobody is crying. I am just going to continue showing the rest of the board who you are. And in the future, I will respond to anything I like, and I will continue to call you out on total Bullcr@p like how sure you are because your listened and watched a video. Once it was proven that you were again totally wrong, like Noddin asked, you should have just come back to your thread and admit that you were wrong. But, that would be too tough for you now wouldn't it?

And you will continue to break the posting rules every time. This is the only place that tolerates your bullying and that is why I don't see you on other more respectable self moderated boards.

And for the record, none of your name calling and bullying has any effect on me except for laughs and allow me to continue to irritate you, which is the most fun I have had here for years. It just re-confirms who you really are and shows newbies and regular posters how you treat others with respect all the time.

And I guess the same could apply to you. Don't like what I post....don't read it, don't respond. But you just can't help yourself can you.

Hyfi
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
This idiot makes this statement Yeah right. Guess someone needs glasses and a hearing aid. and you come after me? Wow, you talk about unfair. When you make a statement like that, you deserve what comes at you. There was no reason for that statement PERIOD.

Who's crying now?

Hit a little too close to home old man?

noddin0ff
01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
This idiot makes this statement ...[edit]... and you come after me? Wow, you talk about unfair.

I figured between

and

What difference does it make stupid ...[edit]...

...you might not want to get into a weighing of relative civility.

I certainly was not attempting to draw any equivalencies here. Simply stating, on the facts of whether or not there was lip syncing, you could have just laughed it off and said "Gee, I was wrong" and rolled with the joke regarding glasses and hearing - especially since you brought up you rested the proof of your conviction on your hearing and seeing abilities.

'Cause, in the end you were wrong. But, big whoop. I seldom go a day without being wrong on something. I don't go blaming others for it, though. If you can civilly admit error, people will stop persecuting you. easy peasy.

01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Who's crying now?

Hit a little too close to home old man?

And you wonder why your stupid azz gets cussed out. Look A-hole, furl that empty head up and stuff it up your bum. As brainless are you are, that is the best use for it.

01-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I figured between

and

...you might not want to get into a weighing of relative civility.

I certainly was not attempting to draw any equivalencies here. Simply stating, on the facts of whether or not there was lip syncing, you could have just laughed it off and said "Gee, I was wrong" and rolled with the joke regarding glasses and hearing - especially since you brought up you rested the proof of your conviction on your hearing and seeing abilities.

'Cause, in the end you were wrong. But, big whoop. I seldom go a day without being wrong on something. I don't go blaming others for it, though. If you can civilly admit error, people will stop persecuting you. easy peasy.

Do you realize that you cannot tell anyone how to respond to anything? Have you noticed that in 18 years of posting on this site I have never told ANYONE how to respond to anything? You respond how you want to, and I will do the same. When we start telling people to respond how we would, you are saying your way of responding is the only way right. Sorry, but as "uncivil" as I am, I am not that arrogant.

The fact is, the public heard a recording. The reality is, the singer HAS to breathe correctly, and they have to actually sing whether they are heard or not. If they don't, the latency between the recording and their lips would be huge. As I said in my first post, in the end it really does not matter. One way or another we heard Beyonce sing.

Lastly, I don't really care about your judgement of whether I was right or wrong. This dog piling is boring, and I am through with this subject.

noddin0ff
01-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Do you realize that you cannot tell anyone how to respond to anything? Have you noticed that in 18 years of posting on this site I have never told ANYONE how to respond to anything?

You respond how you want to, and I will do the same. When we start telling people to respond how we would, you are saying your way of responding is the only way right. Sorry, but as "uncivil" as I am, I am not that arrogant.

Um. Wanna pause and think about that claim? Here's one reminder from a couple days ago in reply to new member oscar22 (http://forums.audioreview.com/home-theater-video/wiring-home-theater-38809.html#post390983)who explained why he wasn't going to upgrade his receiver

When you ask people for help, it is not wise to dismiss the advice that is given -especially if it is sound and wise. If you do, it make people less likely to help you again.

Sounds arrogant to me, and I'm a long time fan of your informative and helpful posts. You bring a lot of grounded experience to the site and held ground for years against audio mumbo-jumbo. Fan though I am, I'm coming around to the view that your occasional belligerent and arrogant outbursts are hurting AR in general. Rather than hash out my views on abusive posts here in forums, I'm just going to start flagging and reporting them to mods. And, I will do so to any similar posts that others make. I hope people will do the same to my posts when I cross the line. The mods should step in more frequently. Maybe if more people report and flag their job would be easier. The site will get better and new members won't be discouraged.

The fact is, the public heard a recording. The reality is...

The fact is

1/ you started a thread about how you don't care if a performance was lipsynced.

2/ You then claimed upon viewing that there was "no way" the performance was lip synced and you laid your professional acumen on the line to back up your opinion.

3/ You were wrong

4/ You were unable to take a joke or, with good humor, admit you erred.

5/ If there is any dog piling it is because you blew hard on the dog whistle.

01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Um. Wanna pause and think about that claim? Here's one reminder from a couple days ago in reply to new member oscar22 (http://forums.audioreview.com/home-theater-video/wiring-home-theater-38809.html#post390983)who explained why he wasn't going to upgrade his receiver

Sounds arrogant to me, and I'm a long time fan of your informative and helpful posts. You bring a lot of grounded experience to the site and held ground for years against audio mumbo-jumbo. Fan though I am, I'm coming around to the view that your occasional belligerent and arrogant outbursts are hurting AR in general. Rather than hash out my views on abusive posts here in forums, I'm just going to start flagging and reporting them to mods. And, I will do so to any similar posts that others make. I hope people will do the same to my posts when I cross the line. The mods should step in more frequently. Maybe if more people report and flag their job would be easier. The site will get better and new members won't be discouraged.

The fact is

1/ you started a thread about how you don't care if a performance was lipsynced.

2/ You then claimed upon viewing that there was "no way" the performance was lip synced and you laid your professional acumen on the line to back up your opinion.

3/ You were wrong

4/ You were unable to take a joke or, with good humor, admit you erred.

5/ If there is any dog piling it is because you blew hard on the dog whistle.

Give it up man. Go find a hobby, go walk the dog, go get a facelift or something. I don't care what you think, I never have, and I never will.

When will you hard heads realize this?

StevenSurprenant
01-29-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm coming around to the view that your occasional belligerent and arrogant outbursts are hurting AR in general. Rather than hash out my views on abusive posts here in forums, I'm just going to start flagging and reporting them to mods. And, I will do so to any similar posts that others make... The mods should step in more frequently. Maybe if more people report and flag their job would be easier. The site will get better and new members won't be discouraged.

That sounds like a very good idea. I think many of us step outside the bounds of reasonable discourse from time to time, and many times in response to being badgered. While a little negative bantering is tolerable, some jump at the chance to engage in personal assaults and do so frequently. I agree about the damage caused by this type of behavior.

There has to be a way for the moderators to determine who goes too far without over moderation. Perhaps a solution would be to record the number of flags given over a period of time, by how many different people, and over a set number of postings and use that to determine who is abusing the system. Once that number is reached, ban that person for a period of time. If they come back and continue to act the same way, ban them again for a longer period. The third time, ban them for life.

I'm just saying...

Hyfi
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
That sounds like a very good idea. I think many of us step outside the bounds of reasonable discourse from time to time, and many times in response to being badgered. While a little negative bantering is tolerable, some jump at the chance to engage in personal assaults and do so frequently. I agree about the damage caused by this type of behavior.

There has to be a way for the moderators to determine who goes too far without over moderation. Perhaps a solution would be to record the number of flags given over a period of time, by how many different people, and over a set number of postings and use that to determine who is abusing the system. Once that number is reached, ban that person for a period of time. If they come back and continue to act the same way, ban them again for a longer period. The third time, ban them for life.

I'm just saying...

Steve, I am guilty at times but some people take every chance they can. Below is just a quick sampling of recent respectful posting.

Give it up man. Go find a hobby, go walk the dog, go get a facelift or something. I don't care what you think, I never have, and I never will.
When will you hard heads realize this?

Just go away already....sheesh!

It is amusing that you are as stupid as you are........

And you wonder why your stupid azz gets cussed out. Look A-hole, furl that empty head up and stuff it up your bum. As brainless are you are, that is the best use for it.

If there is any way to stuff your head up your own bum, do it. Don't lecture me fool

No simpleton, that is not true at all.

And apparently trying not to be a airhead for any amount of time is impossible for ya

Man, comparing a Sony television to a Vizio and concluding the Sony is better must have been exhausting.

It would take your stupid ass to come up with this bull$hit.

Great, now go screw yourself....

The coward I invision you are runs faster.

Good...then go screw yourself......

And here is my demonstation of how I lost respect for you. Go screw yourself......

Mr. Don't know what he is talking about also stikes again.

Excuse me fool, but

It is interesting that stupid $hit has the same first letters as your moniker.

You should have listened to your mother before it costs you a friend. In the future, I will be sure to disrespect your beliefs as profoundly as you have disrespected mine.

You are showing yourself to be a narrow minded judgemental prick.

RG=Regurgitated
A=out of the A$$
This is what I think of this illogical twisted pile of BS.

See a pattern here?

noddin0ff
01-29-2013, 12:37 PM
To attempt some fairness, Sir T has far more helpful informative and positive posts in the forums than bad. I really am a fan of his posts, I'm not just making that up. And, there's a fair amount of baiting going on since I think most of us rather enjoy a good tussle.

I just think we, as a group, probably need to tighten up our standards of discourse a bit or lose what little readership we have left.

dean_martin
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Sir T, welcome to your intervention. It's only because we love and care about you.

(Internal dialogue with mischievous self: "Hmmm . . . post or delete? Don't get involved. Is this baiting? Go ahead, it's funny".)

01-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Steve, I am guilty at times but some people take every chance they can. Below is just a quick sampling of recent respectful posting.

See a pattern here?

This is a deceitful and deceptive pile of $hit. What about the comments that initiated those responses? This is cowardly and weak, and why I don't like you. You cherry pick my responses without posting yours that preceded these - in an attempt to use slight of hand techniques. You are attempting to paint a picture that is narrowly focused, and completely without context. Give it up, it ain't working.

What, do you think I am as stupid as you are? Don't play me man. I didn't just bounce off a wagon and into your backyard 10 minutes ago. Your passive/aggressive, victim like posturing is as transparent as Caspar the Friendly Ghost.

I see a pattern alright. You bait me, and then you get cussed out - that is what happens. I just do not come out of the clear blue sky and start firing away. You stupidly do this every time, and then complain about the result.

Anyone with half a brain would figure out that if you did not bait, you won't get cussed out. Hell, my dogs know that if they walk loose leash, they get a treat. If they misbehave, there will be a consequence. Why are you not smart enough to figure this out?

Wait, I already know. No need to answer the question.

01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
To attempt some fairness, Sir T has far more helpful informative and positive posts in the forums than bad. I really am a fan of his posts, I'm not just making that up. And, there's a fair amount of baiting going on since I think most of us rather enjoy a good tussle.

I just think we, as a group, probably need to tighten up our standards of discourse a bit or lose what little readership we have left.

Noddin,
The reason this whole pile of crap came UP the toilet, is because there was a whole lot of confusion about Beyonce performance, and there still is.

Yes, we heard a pre-recorded performance. However, there were people close to the podium (Angela Basset) who could hear her voice softly and stated so. When you lip sync, that is what you do, you sing very softly, and let the pre-record carry the load. You can see her neck strain like a singer does when singing, it is just they had the microphone off.

So if the question is did she sing, the answer would be yes. Was the microphone on? No it was not, the pre-recorded track is what the audience heard. So your comments about admitting I am wrong would be silly because technically I was not - she was singing, it was just not what WE were hearing.

You are taking a black and white approach, when there are a ton of grey shades in between.

01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Sir T, welcome to your intervention. It's only because we love and care about you.

(Internal dialogue with mischievous self: "Hmmm . . . post or delete? Don't get involved. Is this baiting? Go ahead, it's funny".)

If this is an intervention, don't film it - it would never make it to air. It is really more of a behavior shaping exercise that is a fail.

You can't change people, you just have to accept what you have. I have had to do it, and so will every one else.

StevenSurprenant
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
To attempt some fairness, Sir T has far more helpful informative and positive posts in the forums than bad.

Good posts or not, if no one is here to read them then what's the point?

Perhaps everyone that's unhappy with the situation needs to just stop posting for a while and see what happens. On one hand, nothing might change, on the other hand the board dies down to a murmur. If there aren't any new posts being made, new membership might stop and the board might shut down, just keep that in mind.

Today, I notice that there are 77 members and 10040 guests. That's not bad at all, but if only a few members are posting then the post are going to go out of date very quickly. Lately, how often have we seen threads brought back that are years old?

My take on this is that when a persons actions damage the reputation of a business, the business might have to close their doors. This is no different.

The last time I left the board was during the wire wars. A person couldn't say anything without getting jumped on. It was a waste of time to come here and I left for many years.

I'm not telling anyone what to do. All I have done is presented a couple of alternatives to the bad behavior problem.

dean_martin
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
If this is an intervention, don't film it - it would never make it to air. It is really more of a behavior shaping exercise that is a fail.

You can't change people, you just have to accept what you have. I have had to do it, and so will every one else.
Yes, it was pretty lame.

01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
One thing you notice about the change of the direction of this thread, is some of the very people that complain about somebody else's behavior, are guilty of shady baiting behavior themselves. Deflection is a pretty powerful tool if you know who to use it on. There is a phenomena called action and reaction, and it is on exhibition right here. The ones that are creating the action, are complaining about the reaction. You two may be fooling some folks, but you are not fooling me one bit. :Yawn:

I just love how folks like the high road while doing low road things. How they like to point to somebody else, when their comments start the problem in the first place. How they want to appear above it all, when their actions start the negative reactions.

Your hypocrisy is pretty staggering Hyfi and Steve. :nono:

Call the dog in.....the hunt is over.....the hounds have lost the scent, and the trail has gone cold.

Hyfi
01-30-2013, 04:09 AM
One thing you notice about the change of the direction of this thread, is some of the very people that complain about somebody else's behavior, are guilty of shady baiting behavior themselves. Deflection is a pretty powerful tool if you know who to use it on. There is a phenomena called action and reaction, and it is on exhibition right here. The ones that are creating the action, are complaining about the reaction. You two may be fooling some folks, but you are not fooling me one bit. :Yawn:

I just love how folks like the high road while doing low road things. How they like to point to somebody else, when their comments start the problem in the first place. How they want to appear above it all, when their actions start the negative reactions.

Your hypocrisy is pretty staggering Hyfi and Steve. :nono:

Call the dog in.....the hunt is over.....the hounds have lost the scent, and the trail has gone cold.

Oh, the hunt is far from over. You always talk about deflection, the high road, bla bla bla

You asked above if I think you are as stupid as me. Well actually a bit more I would say. Maybe you have not yet figured out that my "baiting" which has never contained name calling and trash talk, is merely to bring out the real you. A "Trash Talkin from Da Hood Cyber Bully".

Many of the quotes above of yours were not just to me. That is how you treat every thread where there is a disagreement, argument, or otherwise. You CANNOT complete a thread or make your point without calling people names, telling them to perform impossible sex acts and flat out cyber bullying.

Also, NONE of the preceding comments of mine that they were a response to called you names or told you to go F yourself. I don't talk like that in public, and I don't talk that on line when anonymous. You on the other hand are that guy!

Now lets talk about deflection and stupidity again. This whole thring was started with an ABSOLUTE statement of yours.

""I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing.""

You were WRONG. But, since I pointed that out, you have gone on with deflection after another as to why you really were not wrong. Duh, everyone who lip sync does it to their own voice. They also practice it and many do it well. It took years to out Millie Vanillie right. They were professionals at faking it.

So instead of having the pea sized balls that half a man would need to just admit they were wrong and move on, you try to change the subject.

So now go back and do a quick search on anyone else here and you will not find the same trash but for a mere few threads from anyone since Dusty and YECH went at it back in the day.

Go back and review all your respones and show me where I did the same to you or anyone else. Show me where any current member of this place does the same over and over.

You have many choices on how to respond to a post you don't like or feel it is baiting you. You could ignore it, you could respond with a clever civil tongue, you could man up and admit when your wrong.....but you always choose to trash talk, name call, and cyber bully because that is who you are. Man up and deal with it. We all have to.

Hyfi
01-30-2013, 04:42 AM

One of that last times we took this ride, I also said something similar. I have said that I have learned many a thing. But giving good information from time to time does not give anyone a free pass to trash talk every time he feels like it. A civilly posted bait, deserves a civil witty response like most adults can come up with.

The standards that you speak of are exactly what I will continue to point out. Trash Talking and Cyber Bullying.

Flag the posts, call the Mods...whatever you need to do. They really don't care or they would have stepped in a long time ago and just put a simple stop to it. There is no reason to allow a single member to do what T does at every chance he gets. You don't see anyone else doing it do you?

There is no reason why adults cannot keep a civil tongue, baited or otherwise. It's just how most adults behave.

StevenSurprenant
01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Flag the posts, call the Mods...whatever you need to do. They really don't care or they would have stepped in a long time ago and just put a simple stop to it. There is no reason to allow a single member to do what T does at every chance he gets. You don't see anyone else doing it do you?I believe that you just hit the nail on the head...However, I know ForeverAutumn doesn't like this sort of thing. She stepped in when Mr. Terrible and I were going at it in one of her threads. That whole fiasco with T was the first time I ever ran into him and the stupidest thing I ever experienced. That's when I realized that T had really serious mental problems. That's also why reasoning when him is a waste of time. Back then I called him psychotic which is a general term that covers a great many mental aberrations. More specifically, he shows signs of paranoia, pathological narcissism, possible schizophrenia, and low self esteem. If you've been following the blogs, you'll know that he alluded to the idea that he deserved respect and if you didn't give it to him, he would make you pay. He does this with personal insults, sounding more like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum rather than the actions of an intelligent person. His attempts to emotionally hurt others has some degree of effect, hence the posts we are presently engaged in now. When he lacks the ability to use reason to make his point, he attacks, his tool of choice is defamation. I should point out that his narcissistic nature has him believing that only he knows what's true and what isn't. If you go along with him, then everything is fine, but question or disagree and he can't handle it. I will agree that some of his more lucid posts are interesting, but hardly earth shattering. The information he presents can be found all over the net, with some people who agree and some who don't. The fact is that his area of expertise is limited to the mixing console and recording studio. Much of what he says may be technically correct, but translates poorly to the home environment. He thinks that Hyfi and I are using “deflection”” to trap him, which is another manifestation of his delusions. The fact is that I am being very direct with my words, I'm just not talking to him (a waste of my time). T doesn't seem to understand that duplicity is the name of his game, not ours, but for his sake, and just this once, I'll address him directly...T, I know you won't understand, but your presence here on this board, while at times can add to the substance of audio, in the end, your innate drive to dictate and not listen, to demean and not tolerate, and total lack of social etiquette is causing great harm to this board. It's always about you, the people here don't matter to you, the reputation of this web site is of little consequence. What you add to this forum cannot undo the damage you create in your wake. Have I made myself perfectly clear?

01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Oh, the hunt is far from over. You always talk about deflection, the high road, bla bla bla

You asked above if I think you are as stupid as me. Well actually a bit more I would say. Maybe you have not yet figured out that my "baiting" which has never contained name calling and trash talk, is merely to bring out the real you. A "Trash Talkin from Da Hood Cyber Bully".

Many of the quotes above of yours were not just to me. That is how you treat every thread where there is a disagreement, argument, or otherwise. You CANNOT complete a thread or make your point without calling people names, telling them to perform impossible sex acts and flat out cyber bullying.

Also, NONE of the preceding comments of mine that they were a response to called you names or told you to go F yourself. I don't talk like that in public, and I don't talk that on line when anonymous. You on the other hand are that guy!

Now lets talk about deflection and stupidity again. This whole thring was started with an ABSOLUTE statement of yours.

""I finally watched and listened to the performance for the first time, and there is no way she is lip sync'ing.""

You were WRONG. But, since I pointed that out, you have gone on with deflection after another as to why you really were not wrong. Duh, everyone who lip sync does it to their own voice. They also practice it and many do it well. It took years to out Millie Vanillie right. They were professionals at faking it.

So instead of having the pea sized balls that half a man would need to just admit they were wrong and move on, you try to change the subject.

So now go back and do a quick search on anyone else here and you will not find the same trash but for a mere few threads from anyone since Dusty and YECH went at it back in the day.

Go back and review all your respones and show me where I did the same to you or anyone else. Show me where any current member of this place does the same over and over.

You have many choices on how to respond to a post you don't like or feel it is baiting you. You could ignore it, you could respond with a clever civil tongue, you could man up and admit when your wrong.....but you always choose to trash talk, name call, and cyber bully because that is who you are. Man up and deal with it. We all have to.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......WAHAHAHAHAHA.....this is just dripping with desperation. And it is best reflected by the racial overtones of this particular statement

Maybe you have not yet figured out that my "baiting" which has never contained name calling and trash talk, is merely to bring out the real you. A "Trash Talkin from Da Hood Cyber Bully".

To which I respond that you are nothing more than a pink fingered peckerwood pussy with a passive/aggressive inferiority complex.

Thank you for confessing that you were baiting. It kinda takes the air out of all your wining and complaining.

Once again, no baiting, no negative response. No action, no reaction. Get it?

Hyfi
01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......WAHAHAHAHAHA.....this is just dripping with desperation. And it is best reflected by the racial overtones of this particular statement

Maybe you have not yet figured out that my "baiting" which has never contained name calling and trash talk, is merely to bring out the real you. A "Trash Talkin from Da Hood Cyber Bully".

To which I respond that you are nothing more than a pink fingered peckerwood pussy with a passive/aggressive inferiority complex.

Thank you for confessing that you were baiting. It kinda takes the air out of all your wining and complaining.

Once again, no baiting, no negative response. No action, no reaction. Get it?

Where is the racial crap you're crying about now? The statement is true and has nothing to do with your race, whatever it is because I really don't know.

And once again, baiting or otherwise, your need to trash talk as opposed to being an adult is what is the issue in all of this. And as you have begun to notice, I am not alone. Although most don't like to get involved, I have received PMs and emails and Rep Points from many folks here for pointing out just who and what you are. A Trash Takin Cyber Bully who cannot articulate his responses without name calling and belittling.

And since I had to confess to the obvious, once again I will have to say Yes, I really do think you are more stupid than I. Pretty much everyone else knew what was going on but you are so tightly wound and stuck on yourself I had to tell you.

Each and every reply here just keeps proving my point and until I get banned for continuing to point it out it won't stop.

Now be a man and just say "I was wrong, she really did Lip Sync and she fooled me along with millions of others:" Is that so hard or do you need to continue to deflect again as to why you were not wrong? You just cannot ever admit you were wrong whether you watched and listened or read about it. Wrong is wrong no matter how you deflect it and twist everything around.

And until you can learn to cleverly respond without your normal trash talk and name calling, it will continue to get pointed out.

And now that I really know, don't try pulling the race card here. It has nothing to do with anything except your desperate attempts to make yourself out to be something you are not while trying to make others smaller.

01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
T, I know you won't understand, but your presence here on this board, while at times can add to the substance of audio, in the end, your innate drive to dictate and not listen, to demean and not tolerate, and total lack of social etiquette is causing great harm to this board. It's always about you, the people here don't matter to you, the reputation of this web site is of little consequence. What you add to this forum cannot undo the damage you create in your wake. Have I made myself perfectly clear?

Yes, you have made it perfectly clear that you are self righteous, judgmental, and unwilling to accept people as they are. It is perfectly clear that you cannot see how YOUR actions can instigate a negative reaction. You spend all of these words trying to demean me, and then expect me to listen to anything you have to say. That is not so bright, but par for the course for you.

I have said this to you before, and I will repeat it again. Your online psychology is pitiful and pathetic. You don't know me from Adam's house cat. If you think you know me by what I post here, then you are a fool.

Steve, you have contributed ZERO technical information here, and your opinions and so called experience isn't worth jack crap. Deflection is the only thing you have really brought to the table. I just love the old "the dialog it too low, and the effects are too high, so it must be the mix cause it sure isn't my perfect system". "You sound mixers need to do your job better, cause your mixes are terrible". When the real problem it turns out is your POS system that is not properly calibrated, and sitting in a room with piss poor acoustics. Or how about the other one. "My center channel is localizing so I'll just add another center channel above my screen". Well that will work just fine if you are laying on the floor or the ceiling, but it won't improve jack at the listening position. You are just angry that I use science, reseach, and testing to deflate your so called "experience".

This trip you are taking on the high road is the epitome of hypocrisy. You are a coward that throws rocks, and then play victim just like Hyfi does. Watching you two flail is amusing, and reminds that I am looking at Stu and Pid at work. Your trip on the high road is false and fake, not to mention transparent. Blaming me for the problems of this website is positively stupid. No one person can destroy a website, it takes many of which you are a part of. That is deflection on steroids - look at somebody else's actions, don't look at mine. You cannot be a victim and a perpetrator at the same time. You lecture me about my actions, but have you ever evaluated your own? No you haven't as you are so busy pointing elsewhere.

The best way to handle the issues of this website is to pay attention to the things you say, and stop telling other people how to act and what to say. If you don't bait people by insulting their intelligence, then there is no repercussions. Nothing begats nothing. You cannot change anyone, and that is not your role here. Everyone here(well except you and Hyfi) has a distinct personality, and you have to accept that PERIOD. If you cannot then really it is too damn bad. Some people are candy coaters, and some people are just plain direct and to the point. You need to get out of the tea toting pinkie up country club mindset you have invented in your head and get out in the real world.

These are my last words to you. I don't care about YOU, its your words you post here that I am interested in. There are people here I do care about deeply(Worf, FA, Woochifer and many others), and we have never had a tiff EVER. If I go over the top, they check me privately. I respect what these folks have to say to me. You on the other hand mean absolutely nothing to me, and because of your piss poor delivery, and your judgmental attitude, I cannot, and do not respect anything you have to say. If that is okay with you, keep doing exactly what you are doing now, and nothing will change. But the BS angle you are trying to paint by trying to sell the fact that I just attack unprovoked is a pile, and it does not fly. Give that up and move on to something else.

If you don't like what I say, steer clear of me. Hyfi is too stupid to follow this wise advice, prove that you are smarter than that fool.

Hyfi
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Nobody here cares who T respects or doesn't. His respect means absolutely nothing and he proves continuously why he does not deserve any.

He can't even take the advice he just posted for himself. Accept people for who they are and if you don't like what is said, stay clear.

If he does not like that I baited him, he himself could take his so called high road and just ignore me. But he just can't do that and has a deep need to trash talk to make himself feel better.

I'm not staying clear of anything, certainly not an abusive trash takin cyber bully. The mods have already said they are fine with how he talks to others here so it will remain an unending drama for now.

StevenSurprenant
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
I betcha that T would back down in a heart beat if he had to face any one of us in the flesh. I suspect that he is giant on the net and a wimp in real life. BTW, have you noticed the times of day he posts? I don't think he has a job. If he does, he doesn't do much there.

I have to tell you that his attacks don't bother me much any more, but his stupidity does. He actually thinks that I care what he says.

Hyfi
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I betcha that T would back down in a heart beat if he had to face any one of us in the flesh. I suspect that he is giant on the net and a wimp in real life. BTW, have you noticed the times of day he posts? I don't think he has a job. If he does, he doesn't do much there.

I have to tell you that his attacks don't bother me much any more, but his stupidity does. He actually thinks that I care what he says.

I call it "Little Man Syndrome"

If I was bothered, I would have faded away. But talk is cheap and he has lots of it.

I am far from a violent person but if spoken to in person the way he talks here, one would be having surgery to remove the bridge of their nose from their pea sized brain.

01-30-2013, 11:14 AM
OMG!!! This intervention is a complete and utter failure! It's time to get real, y'all.

Thank you. Now on to this...

First, only you, Sir T, would come to the aid of Beyonce on this forum as if she was your personal friend. Nobody here criticized her. Maybe this is a big deal with your Hollywood circle of friends and the media, but it didn't seem to be a big deal here until you began your frustrated post.

Dean are you saying that I cannot come to the off topic section and tell what is on my mind just like everyone else here does?

And then, OMG, your frustrated post! Wow! You hold yourself out as some sort of professional singer/recording artist and list all the reasons why YOU would lip-synch. Ok, maybe you know what you're talking about instead of talking down to the rest of us non-Hollywood rubes.

I am sorry you interpreted my post as talkin down to you. I really can't anything about the way you interpret what I post. That ball is in your court. I didn't list any reason why I would lip sync, I mention the reason that singers do it PERIOD.

Let's see if Sir T knows wtf he's talking about. I ask you to post a link to one of your recordings. Nothing, nada, except excuses.

I did say that I WAS a professional BACKGROUND singer which means I am not the artist in the spotlight. When I did that job(back in college) I just did the job. I never thought to record anything because there was no reason to - youtube didn't even exist back then. You know a whole world existed before youtube right?

Then, after complaining about all the complaints about Beyonce, you finally examine the video yourself and based on your own "expertise" you determine that Beyonce did not in fact lip-synch.

It wasn't my expertise that led me to that determination. It was comments by the people that attended the ceremony as well. There were comments from folks(specifically from Angela Bassett) that were near her that heard her singing very softly to the track even though the microphone was off. You can see on the video the movement of her neck shows that she is indeed singing. You can't mime that affect. Hence why you have the confusion in the first place. Some folks heard her singing softly, but where unaware the microphone was off.

Next, official reports come from the White House saying that Beyonce did in fact lip-synch. Well, now, what do you do? You change the definition of lip-synch and declare that you were right all along.
WTF, man?!?!?

I didn't change anything. People heard her singing softly, and that is a fact. So she was in fact singing. Her microphone was off, that is a fact. So her singing was not picked up, and that was intentional. If I hadn't heard anyone say they heard her voice, and I didn't see her neck moving like she was actually singing, then I would in fact come back here and say I was wrong she was miming. This is not reinventing the meaning of lip sync'ing at all Dean. So the fact that some heard her singing softly but the microphone was off makes me wrong? I don't think so. There is a difference between singing with the microphone off, and doing no singing at all. One is miming, the other is trading a live vocal performance for a track. In this case it was the latter.

This video illustrates exactly what I mean.

Audio recording suggests Beyonce was singing anthem - Entertainment - Video - 3 News (http://www.3news.co.nz/Audio-recording-suggests-Beyonce-was-singing-anthem/tabid/312/articleID/284259/Default.aspx)

Notice how the vocal coach states she thinks Beyonce was singing, but singing to a track. What was not mentioned, was the microphone was totally off. That revelation came later.

This is all I am saying here. Some things are clear and simple, others much more complex. Do you agree?

01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
I call it "Little Man Syndrome"

If I was bothered, I would have faded away. But talk is cheap and he has lots of it.

I am far from a violent person but if spoken to in person the way he talks here, one would be having surgery to remove the bridge of their nose from their pea sized brain.

Well big man, you are right talk is cheap. It is easy to say this while sitting behind a keyboard. Things get much more complicated face to face, you would actually have to back this up.

I think you are a pussy, and can't back it up.

01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I betcha that T would back down in a heart beat if he had to face any one of us in the flesh.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Another big man here. If it makes you feel better to think this, feel better. Reality is much more sobering and unsettling.

I suspect that he is giant on the net and a wimp in real life.

Wow!! I think they same thing about you...except the giant on the net part.

BTW, have you noticed the times of day he posts? I don't think he has a job. If he does, he doesn't do much there.

Don't think, it makes you look stupid.

I don't think you know enough about my private life to come to this determination. Remember, you are here as well, and the same can be said of you.

Your stupidity does not bother me at all. To correct you, I don't care if you don't care about what I say. When I say I don't give a damn about you, I mean that.

See how wrong a fool can be....you are 0 for 3 here. That's a pretty bad batting record by any measure.

StevenSurprenant
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
You care enough about me to respond even when I'm not speaking to you.

Tell me all about yourself. What do you really do for a living and where do you do it? Are you tall or short. Are you gay? Why do you act the way you do when you are here? Is something missing from your life? Why did your wife leave you? I have so many questions for you.

01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
You care enough about me to respond even when I'm not speaking to you.

Last time I checked, you do the same.

Tell me all about yourself. What do you really do for a living and where do you do it? Are you tall or short. Are you gay? Why do you act the way you do when you are here? Is something missing from your life? Why did your wife leave you? I have so many questions for you.

My answer....mind your own damn business.

dean_martin
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you. Now on to this...

Dean are you saying that I cannot come to the off topic section and tell what is on my mind just like everyone else here does?

I am sorry you interpreted my post as talkin down to you. I really can't anything about the way you interpret what I post. That ball is in your court. I didn't list any reason why I would lip sync, I mention the reason that singers do it PERIOD.

I did say that I WAS a professional BACKGROUND singer which means I am not the artist in the spotlight. When I did that job(back in college) I just did the job. I never thought to record anything because there was no reason to - youtube didn't even exist back then. You know a whole world existed before youtube right?

It wasn't my expertise that led me to that determination. It was comments by the people that attended the ceremony as well. There were comments from folks(specifically from Angela Bassett) that were near her that heard her singing very softly to the track even though the microphone was off. You can see on the video the movement of her neck shows that she is indeed singing. You can't mime that affect. Hence why you have the confusion in the first place. Some folks heard her singing softly, but where unaware the microphone was off.

I didn't change anything. People heard her singing softly, and that is a fact. So she was in fact singing. Her microphone was off, that is a fact. So her singing was not picked up, and that was intentional. If I hadn't heard anyone say they heard her voice, and I didn't see her neck moving like she was actually singing, then I would in fact come back here and say I was wrong she was miming. This is not reinventing the meaning of lip sync'ing at all Dean. So the fact that some heard her singing softly but the microphone was off makes me wrong? I don't think so. There is a difference between singing with the microphone off, and doing no singing at all. One is miming, the other is trading a live vocal performance for a track. In this case it was the latter.

This video illustrates exactly what I mean.

Audio recording suggests Beyonce was singing anthem - Entertainment - Video - 3 News (http://www.3news.co.nz/Audio-recording-suggests-Beyonce-was-singing-anthem/tabid/312/articleID/284259/Default.aspx)

Notice how the vocal coach states she thinks Beyonce was singing, but singing to a track. What was not mentioned, was the microphone was totally off. That revelation came later.

This is all I am saying here. Some things are clear and simple, others much more complex. Do you agree?

I deleted my post. I thought it was gone before anyone could respond. I realized we come from different "places" and have different backgrounds and experiences, although we do have some things in common. I may think whether Beyonce lip-synched is trivial, but I recognize that others may be interested in this subject. I think my post reflected my attitude toward the subject. Really, I was more interested in your experience in musical performance than what Beyonce did or didn't do, but that wasn't the thread topic.

Plus, my therapist advised not to engage in confrontation outside of work.

Smokey
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
I deleted my post. I thought it was gone before anyone could respond. I realized we come from different "places" and have different backgrounds and experiences, although we do have some things in common. I may think whether Beyonce lip-synched is trivial, but I recognize that others may be interested in this subject. I think my post reflected my attitude toward the subject. Really, I was more interested in your experience in musical performance than what Beyonce did or didn't do, but that wasn't the thread topic.

You said what needed to be said :)

IMO lip syncing and singing live is not the same as energy and emotional levels are different. The energy and emotions a 'live' singer would get from an audience (and in this case the president) would be reflective in her singing. Beyonce got a chance in a lifetime to sing in front of the president, and she blew it.

JohnMichael
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM

IMO lip syncing and singing live is not the same as energy and emotional levels are different. The energy and emotions a 'live' singer would get from an audience (and in this case the president) would be reflective in her singing. Beyonce got a chance in a lifetime to sing in front of the president, and she blew it.

Actually it was her second time. She sang "At Last" at the first inauguration.

01-30-2013, 04:50 PM

I in part agree with your comment here, with a side note. As a singer, you cannot get that energy or emotion if the conditions are not right. If you have not rehearsed with your band, and if it is too cold for the band to stay in tune, and your voice to be its optimum, then it will not happen. When you are on a stage that lofty, and everyone is watching and judging what you do, it not wise to take such a huge chance that you will fail.

I don't think she blew it at all. She was not out to impress or prove anything. She already sung for the President once, and she proved that she could sing her butt off.

BEYONCE At Last LIVE BARACK OBAMA MICHELLE Sweet Dreams Halo Inauguration Run The World 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pzlZPRvx8)

Done live to a track, and well done IMO

In comparing this to my passion of dog training....you don't set a dog up to fail, you make sure it succeeds.

01-30-2013, 05:14 PM

Deano, no problem, and as you can see from my post, no hate towards ya. You are right, it is trivial, like most things that appear in the off topic section. I am passionate about what I know, and quite obviously ignorant as hell about what I don't know. That is why I don't talk about what I don't know. LOLOLOL.

Plus, my therapist advised not to engage in confrontation outside of work.

My Doctor told me the same thing when I was diagnosed with Lupus. As you can see, I didn't listen.

Smokey
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Actually it was her second time. She sang "At Last" at the first inauguration.

Thanks John. I didn't know she sang in first inauguration ball :)

When you are on a stage that lofty, and everyone is watching and judging what you do, it not wise to take such a huge chance that you will fail.

Well, this was not an audition.

Wouldn't you say it would have been better to sing live albiet not nailing every tone than to pretend singing live with lip syncing. She probably would'nt got as much bad press. Remember what happened to Milli Vanilli :D

StevenSurprenant
01-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Apparently you are my business, you seem to be interested in everything I do. It's sort of like living together. It's seems you know me quite well enough to make personal judgments about me.

Still, I would like a personal response from you to explain your aberrant behavior. You're not exactly stupid and yet you play the fool as if it's second nature. A person wouldn't act the way you do without having either a mental problem or an emotional problem. Which is it, mental or emotional. Don't be afraid to answer, perhaps I can help you.

I did notice that you never talk about having a girlfriend and so I suspect that your marriage ended when your wife found you with another man. That would also explain why you have no woman in your life now. That's why I asked you if you were gay. Is it that you are not ready to come out of the closet yet? It's okay, I'll understand if you're too embarrassed and ashamed to answer. Just let me know. I do know a couple of people near you that I can possibly hook you up with, but don't get your hopes up to high. I haven't spoken to them in a while and they may already be in a relationship. I'm here for you buddy.

StevenSurprenant
01-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Wouldn't you say it would have been better to sing live albiet not nailing every tone than to pretend singing live with lip syncing. She probably would'nt got as much bad press.

I agree with you on this. I would never expect perfection and sometimes it's the mistakes that make a live performance more memorable, in a good way. A simple, "I'm under the weather" would be enough for me forgive every mistake. Heck, If the singers voice was completely gone and they admitted to lip syncing before the performance would be enough for me to look past it.

However, to just lip sync without saying anything about it is tantamount to robbery. I would just have bought the recording.

This only applies when I pay for a performance. If it's free, I don't make any judgments.

Hyfi
01-31-2013, 03:53 AM
This would have been better instead of flat out deceit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SkhbpeL-8sY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

noddin0ff
01-31-2013, 06:40 AM
He does this with personal insults, sounding more like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum rather than the actions of an intelligent person.

One doesn't have to swear to be abusive toward others... just sayin'

---

On the topic of lip syncing... I started reading this thread simply because I thought it bad form for an Presidential inauguration to 'fake' anything. Honestly, I think it would have shown more respect for the Office and the Nation to sing for real and blow it badly than to pre-record and sanitize it for for the TV audience.

I realize most everything is prepped for the camera now, and that's just the way it is. But were talking about the most sacred rite that our Nation gave birth to -- the peaceful transfer of power. We shouldn't be faking it.

But, then again. The real oath was performed the day before in private and this one was just for show anyway. Still, nothing about it should have been pre-recorded in my opinion. Disrespectful. I'm not blaming Beyonce she didn't press 'play'.

dean_martin
01-31-2013, 06:47 AM
We know she can sing and is an excellent performer. It's generally acknowledged that she's at the top of her field. She has credibility in the bank. That's why I defer to her judgment. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have been disappointed to learn that I was listening to her prerecorded voice if I was there. But I wasn't so it doesn't really matter much to me.
I'm not buying the Milli Venilli (sp? - those douches aren't worth the time it takes to look it up) comparisons. Even before they were exposed there's no chance in hell they'd be invited to perform at an inauguration.

StevenSurprenant
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
This would have been better instead of flat out deceit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SkhbpeL-8sY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kind of reminds me of T, but seriously, what was her problem?

01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
To all the haters who just want to make me wrong; Out of the horses mouth, I feel validated.

Beyoncé Knowles Sings Live at Super Bowl Press Conference; Explains Inauguration | omg! - Yahoo! omg! (http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/beyonc%C3%A9-knowles-sings-live-super-bowl-press-conference-205816708.html)

Please pay attention to these words;

"It was about the President and the Inauguration so I decided to sing along with the prerecorded track, which is very common in the music industry," continued Beyoncé. "I am very proud of my performance.”

Like I have said for the last 17 years, I don't talk about what I don't know, I talk about what I do. Steve, you and Hyfi should follow that advise, it will save you a little embarrassment.

01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
One doesn't have to swear to be abusive toward others... just sayin'

---

On the topic of lip syncing... I started reading this thread simply because I thought it bad form for an Presidential inauguration to 'fake' anything. Honestly, I think it would have shown more respect for the Office and the Nation to sing for real and blow it badly than to pre-record and sanitize it for for the TV audience.

I realize most everything is prepped for the camera now, and that's just the way it is. But were talking about the most sacred rite that our Nation gave birth to -- the peaceful transfer of power. We shouldn't be faking it.

But, then again. The real oath was performed the day before in private and this one was just for show anyway. Still, nothing about it should have been pre-recorded in my opinion. Disrespectful. I'm not blaming Beyonce she didn't press 'play'.

Noddin,

I would just like to add this little fact. It is not your reputation on the line, it was her's. If she blew it badly, then the world would be talking about her failure, and that can affect record sales, and the long line of people who jobs that would be affected. There is a whole lot of pressure when you think about it at this level.

Everything is shaped and sanitized for the TV audience. If it were not, then editing rooms, and PR people would not exist. You only have so much time to tell your story and give your performance. If it was not perfect in this climate, then everyone involved with the production of this event would be criticized, from the singer all the way to the President. You have no experience at this level, and therefore it is understandable that you really don't have any real scope or perspective of the impact. Let's be frank, neither do I, I would sit behind a mixing console. My performance is quite frankly forgettable - who remembers how good the live sound is?

I love your last statement...it shows you are thinking critically in the end.

01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Kind of reminds me of T, but seriously, what was her problem?

See how stupid you are, you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, and guess what dummy - you are going to get the same result.

You have shown you are not all that smart. Her problem is she cannot sing, not even good enough to be considered bad. And you cannot understand that negative comments get negative comments. You both are pretty much alike, and you cannot criticize her based on that, you are guilty as well.

01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Just as I thought. Yesterday there was a dog pile when folks thought I was wrong. Today, crickets when it is found that I am right.

I challenge all of you hypocrites to do exactly what you asked me to do - come back and admit I was right, and you were wrong. If you cannot do this, then all of your criticism, name calling, and puffery can officially be dismissed as null and void.

I am not holding my breath on this, because I know none of these guys have the courage to do so, it was all about asking more than they were willing to give in the first place - and a very transparent agenda.

noddin0ff
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Noddin,

I would just like to add this little fact. It is not your reputation on the line, it was her's. If she blew it badly, then the world would be talking about her failure, and that can affect record sales, and the long line of people who jobs that would be affected. There is a whole lot of pressure when you think about it at this level.

Everything is shaped and sanitized for the TV audience. If it were not, then editing rooms, and PR people would not exist. You only have so much time to tell your story and give your performance. If it was not perfect in this climate, then everyone involved with the production of this event would be criticized, from the singer all the way to the President. You have no experience at this level, and therefore it is understandable that you really don't have any real scope or perspective of the impact. Let's be frank, neither do I, I would sit behind a mixing console. My performance is quite frankly forgettable - who remembers how good the live sound is?

I love your last statement...it shows you are thinking critically in the end.

I can totally sympathize with not wanting to fail at this level, although Beyonce is a big girl; she can survive the hit and still sell albums. Obama flubbed his lines and he still got to be President. Sad that the decision was to protect image rather than add to substance.

It's just my opinion that when one is talking about a event of importance to our Nation's transition of government -- the most overt demonstration of the power of the individual right to vote...we shouldn't be faking it. (Reading between the lines, it is still my understanding that, although she sang, she wasn't wasn't miked and what we --not me, I didn't watch -- heard was a recording she sang earlier).

Anyone invited to that stage that can't handle the heat should get out of the fire. Put an untrained grade school choir up there and let them sing like howling cats (or Rosanne) for all I care. Just so long as they're earnest, excited and don't fake it. That's all I need to be proud to be a citizen

01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
I can totally sympathize with not wanting to fail at this level, although Beyonce is a big girl; she can survive the hit and still sell albums. Obama flubbed his lines and he still got to be President. Sad that the decision was to protect image rather than add to substance.

Let's deal with the fact here, you comparison is not close to valid. The President is elected by us, and can flub his lines with no criticism. He is also not singing anything. Beyonce on the other hand has to answer to many people from her fans to her record company, and all of the parties in between. The American public is so finicky, there is no way we can predict she will survive or still sell any product if she flubbed this performance. I would rather err to the side of caution, rather than take the chance of potentially destroying my career. Especially if I have worked like hell to establish it.

It's just my opinion that when one is talking about a event of importance to our Nation's transition of government -- the most overt demonstration of the power of the individual right to vote...we shouldn't be faking it. (Reading between the lines, it is still my understanding that, although she sang, she wasn't wasn't miked and what we --not me, I didn't watch -- heard was a recording she sang earlier).

Really, was this more about her performance, or was this about Obama inauguration? If it was more about the latter(as opposed to the former), her performance was not the show, but a small segment of it. We can't shift the emphasis to suit ourselves. Apparently the microphone was on(very low), as she stated she sang along WITH the track. This explains why she removed her ear piece near the end of her performance - she was probably hearing more of the performance track than she was hearing herself.
This could also explain why I heard that hollow sound in her vocals. That hollow sound is a sign that her microphone, and the microphone of her vocal track were out of phase, and possibly another reason to remove the ear piece - so she could hear more of herself.

Anyone invited to that stage that can't handle the heat should get out of the fire. Put an untrained grade school choir up there and let them sing like howling cats (or Rosanne) for all I care. Just so long as they're earnest, excited and don't fake it. That's all I need to be proud to be a citizen

This is a blanket statement that cannot possibly be applied to every situation. Once again, it is not your reputation at stake, it is hers. It is very easy to sacrifice her in favor of our personal opinion, we have nothing to lose, and she does. This is called armchair quarterbacking.

When the conditions are right, she knows how to step up to the plate. Here is a prime example. She sang live, no band, and no sweetening of her voice(added reverb) at the Super Bowl press conference. Notice it was indoors and out of the elements.

Beyonce Sings National Anthem At Press Conference (VIDEO) - Huffington Post (http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/beyonce-sings-national-anthem-at-press-conference-517659386)

You cannot expose yourself as a vocalist any more than this.

StevenSurprenant
01-31-2013, 07:09 PM
See how stupid you are, you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, and guess what dummy - you are going to get the same result.

You have shown you are not all that smart. Her problem is she cannot sing, not even good enough to be considered bad. And you cannot understand that negative comments get negative comments. You both are pretty much alike, and you cannot criticize her based on that, you are guilty as well.

That's the best you can come up with?

I'm still waiting on your answer. Do you want me to fix you up with a date? The guy I'm thinking of is a singer so you might have a something in common. Before I do, I need to know. Have you ever been physically abusive in any of your prior relationships?

JohnMichael
01-31-2013, 07:31 PM
That's the best you can come up with?

I'm still waiting on your answer. Do you want me to fix you up with a date? The guy I'm thinking of is a singer so you might have a something in common. Before I do, I need to know. Have you ever been physically abusive in any of your prior relationships?

Be careful since Sir T the Terrible is straight that begins to offend others who are gay.

Smokey
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm not buying the Milli Venilli (sp? - those douches aren't worth the time it takes to look it up) comparisons. Even before they were exposed there's no chance in hell they'd be invited to perform at an inauguration.They would definitely have to lip synch :D

StevenSurprenant
02-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Be careful since Sir T the Terrible is straight that begins to offend others who are gay.

I don't believe him to be straight. I don't believe much of what he says. Either he's gay or no woman wants anything to do with him which is possible too. From what he says here, everything is about him. Can you imagine how that would bore a woman to death. I know it bores me. Either way, there is something missing in his life. If anything, he thinks more of himself than others do, but doesn't think he gets the recognition he deserves so he tells others how great he is. It doesn't work that way! He also thinks that by putting others down it enhances his status. I have a brother that's that way and all it does is make him look bad.

As for gay people, they are who they are and are no different than anyone else. I came to that conclusion 40 years ago before all this media hoopla. In fact, my personal experience is that , as a whole, they are kinder and more moral than their heterosexual counterparts.

Years ago, a coworker, who was gay explained what life was like for him. Working around other men was the same as a hetero working around women. The men would tease him, but this teasing would drive him crazy. Not because it seemed mean to him, rather because it sexually excited him and there was nothing he could do about it. On top of all of this, back in those days, there was a very negative social attitude towards gay people. There was nothing he could do about the way he was, it wasn't a choice. Anyway, because of all of this he led a life of misery, getting into drugs and alcohol to ease his pain. This man didn't deserve a life like that.

I told the truth when I said I know someone that lives near him, but I have to admit that I keep having second thoughts about fixing him up with T. This guy is a very good person and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him. T has an inclination to bursts of violence. It may only be verbal here on audioreview, but could just as well manifests itself into physical violence in the solid world.

I asked T if he was big or small because it was my experience that small men seem to over compensate. I had to deal with bullies when I was younger. I was much bigger and stronger than they were, but I would also back down from any conflict. That was my nature and it seemed to draw the bullies to me. I put up with the last one for two years until one day when I picked him up over my head and threw him across the room. I never hit him, but from that point on, he left me alone.

Let me ask you a question...

What kind of person is T beyond and excluding his education? Would you want you son or daughter to be just like T, to have the same moral values and temperament?

Thanks John, I get your point.

After a little more thought, I decided to put this to rest. I'm going to contact my friend in California and give him the link to this web site. He can read T's postings and decide if he is interested. If not, then I don't know anyone else out that way and T is on his own.

Hyfi
02-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Singing into an unamplified mic, while the world hears a recording is called is lip syncing. The only people who may have heard her singing would be the ones within 20 feet.

You were still wrong with your initial without a doubt statement. Just deal with it however you have to.

Luvin Da Blues
02-01-2013, 05:57 AM
............I told the truth when I said I know someone that lives near him, but I have to admit that I keep having second thoughts about fixing him up with T. This guy is a very good person and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him. T has an inclination to bursts of violence. It may only be verbal here on audioreview, but could just as well manifests itself into physical violence in the solid world.

I asked T if he was big or small because it was my experience that small men seem to over compensate. I had to deal with bullies when I was younger. I was much bigger and stronger than they were, but I would also back down from any conflict. That was my nature and it seemed to draw the bullies to me. I put up with the last one for two years until one day when I picked him up over my head and threw him across the room. I never hit him, but from that point on, he left me alone..............

What truly amazes me is how much Sir Temper Tantrum is willing to make himself look foolish and stupid to try and prove he's right. Personally, I don't give one rat's a$$ what a musically and culturally irrelevant "artist" such as Beyonce does. The fact that he is OK with this fakery speaks volumes to his ethics and standards.

Pressure of the performance???? Bwahahahaha...like she's the first to perform for an important event. My God.

As proven in another recent thread, the guy doesn't have the gonads to say these things to anyone's face. By hiding behind a monitor, it makes him the ultimate coward in my book.

I think it is friggin' hilarious how easy it is to pull this guy's strings tho. I think he's heading for a meltdown. I wanna be here to see it and maybe help it along when I can.

Carry on.

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 05:59 AM
I am not prejudiced I have friends that are (insert minority here).

I find it interesting and a little suspect that as you are questioning his character you question his sexuality. You question if he has ever been abusive and I wonder why you went there. You reveal a lot about yourself in how you demean others.

As far as having a child like Sir T how would I know I have never met the man. I have only met a few members and the rest of you are merely words and ideas on a page. Cyberspace is not flesh and blood reality. Oh and as far as my having children I have to say not in this lifetime. Ever since health class and I learned how babies were made I knew they would not be in my future.

I don't believe him to be straight. I don't believe much of what he says. Either he's gay or no woman wants anything to do with him which is possible too. From what he says here, everything is about him. Can you imagine how that would bore a woman to death. I know it bores me. Either way, there is something missing in his life. If anything, he thinks more of himself than others do, but doesn't think he gets the recognition he deserves so he tells others how great he is. It doesn't work that way! He also thinks that by putting others down it enhances his status. I have a brother that's that way and all it does is make him look bad.

As for gay people, they are who they are and are no different than anyone else. I came to that conclusion 40 years go before all this media hoopla. In fact, my personal experience is that , as a whole, they are kinder and more moral than their heterosexual counterparts.

Years ago, a coworker, who was gay explained what life was like for him. Working around other men was the same as a hetero working around women. The men would tease him, but this teasing would drive him crazy. Not because it seemed mean to him, rather because it sexually excited him and there was nothing he could do about it. On top of all of this, back in those days, there was a very negative social attitude towards gay people. There was nothing he could do about the way he was, it wasn't a choice. Anyway, because of all of this he led a life of misery, getting into drugs and alcohol to ease his pain. This man didn't deserve a life like that.

I told the truth when I said I know someone that lives near him, but I have to admit that I keep having second thoughts about fixing him up with T. This guy is a very good person and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him. T has an inclination to bursts of violence. It may only be verbal here on audioreview, but could just as well manifests itself into physical violence in the solid world.

I asked T if he was big or small because it was my experience that small men seem to over compensate. I had to deal with bullies when I was younger. I was much bigger and stronger than they were, but I would also back down from any conflict. That was my nature and it seemed to draw the bullies to me. I put up with the last one for two years until one day when I picked him up over my head and threw him across the room. I never hit him, but from that point on, he left me alone.

Let me ask you a question...

What kind of person is T beyond and excluding his education? Would you want you son or daughter to be just like T, to have the same moral values and temperament?

Thanks John, I get your point.

Feanor
02-01-2013, 06:21 AM
JohnMichael, isn't it about time this thread was closed and/or moved to Steel Cage?

I'm amazed at the tolerance of moderators for gratuitous personal insults. Some sites would delete or redact this stuff.

I also observe that moderators have, and various occasions, been less tolerant of controversial topics, even in Off-Topic/Non-Audio, than they are for vitriolic personal abuse, (a.k.a. "flames"). Sorry, this make no sense to me.

For my part I'm the "don't give a rat's ass" category when it comes to whether Beyonce lip-synced -- I don't expect much genuineness from the entertainment or political industries in this day & age. It's all smoke & mirrors.

Hyfi
02-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Feanor,

It's not about lip syncing in general, it is about the OP who stated that due to his expertise, that there was no way she was faking it. In reality, her lips moved and some sound came out, but the whole world heard a recording.

The issue is that the OP made a definitive statement and was wrong and is still trying to deflect and make up excuses as to why he was not.

She faked it, she admitted it, the people who put the fluff on admitted it, but the OP is having a hard time following suite.

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Maybe what needs to happen is for members to learn to moderate themselves. I am surprised by how people type to one another. Sure I could close the thread and then the PM messages start arriving with members complaining they did not get to respond. I think this is the kind of site the members must want since it keeps happening time after time. No matter how much moderation there is a site is only as good as the contributions of the members. If you contribute garbage the site will become garbage.

JohnMichael, isn't it about time this thread was closed and/or moved to Steel Cage?

I'm amazed at the tolerance of moderators for gratuitous personal insults. Some sites would delete or redact this stuff.

I also observe that moderators have, and various occasions, been less tolerant of controversial topics, even in Off-Topic/Non-Audio, than they are for vitriolic personal abuse, (a.k.a. "flames"). Sorry, this make no sense to me.

For my part I'm the "don't give a rat's ass" category when it comes to whether Beyonce lip-synced -- I don't expect much genuineness from the entertainment or political industries in this day & age. It's all smoke & mirrors.

StevenSurprenant
02-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I find it interesting and a little suspect that as you are questioning his character you question his sexuality. You question if he has ever been abusive and I wonder why you went there. You reveal a lot about yourself in how you demean others.

We are all sexual and our preference is irrelevant. What matters to me is to get this guy straightened out. I took a small leap in guessing his preference. No one would consider that this guy is in his right mind, but what makes him this way is the big question. I've seen people act similarly when they are feeling the frustrations of loneliness and lack of human contact. Once they met someone, the change was miraculous towards the good. As for his preference, well it's simple. Women are not that hard to get, especially after you get out of your twenties. It seems that older women are ready to settle down with someone and they lower their standards quite a bit. So if women are readily available and he is still alone, then there has to be some other reason. I can only think of two. Either he prefers men or women don't find him appealing. I opted for the first one because it is kinder. You will notice that none of his posts here or on any other site mentions a female in his life. There is a third option and that is that he has a mate but is extremely unhappy with them.

In any case, it was a shot in the dark. If it had worked than maybe he might gain a little clarity of mind and a better disposition.

Until that happens, many of us are tired of his insults and won't put up with it any longer. When it comes to social interactions, he has to be the stupidest man on the planet. He seems to think that by insulting us, it somehow makes him superior. He also thinks that if we respond in kind, it adds to this superiority, because he believes he is pulling the strings, making us dance like puppets. That couldn't be further from the truth. I don't much care what he says any more only what he acts like.

Feanor is right, but until we "all" act civil this will crop up again. On the other hand John you are right too. We are all adults.

I betcha that if T's insults could be reigned in, this could be a home where the buffalo roam... Where seldom is heard a discouraging word...

Everyone now... "And the sky is not cloudy all day..."

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Steve to say preference is wrong. People have sexual orientation. Preference indicates choice. You are really reaching.

I also find it interesting that you think all the problems are one person's fault.

Luvin Da Blues
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
..........I also find it interesting that you think all the problems are one person's fault.

Simple physics really. For every action there is a .......

JohnMichael
02-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Simple physics really. For every action there is a .......

It is better to act than react.

StevenSurprenant
02-01-2013, 07:43 AM

It' seems our "act" have quieted T down.

That's the entire purpose of our replies.

"orientation"...got it.

As for one persons fault, look at who starts this silliness. You will notice that everything else is in response to that.

Luvin Da Blues
02-01-2013, 07:45 AM

I, like most people, do both....depending on the situation.