So I went to see Rhett Miller the other night... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So I went to see Rhett Miller the other night...

Swish
01-19-2013, 03:46 AM
...at a huge brew pub called Appalachian Brewing Company in Harrisburg, PA. It's really close to home and their Abbey Bar on the second floor hosts some nice little shows and they're always relatively cheap (this one was about $20).

For those of you who don't know this guy, he's the 42 year old front man for alt-country band Old 97's based in Dollars, Taxes. Rhett released his second solo record and is touring to promote it (duh).

There was no band, just Rhett playing acoustic guitar and singing, and that was quite enough. This baby-faced bundle of talent had the girls swooning and the packed house enjoying his new tunes and the several Old 97s songs he played, including the 'hit' Time Bomb. I saw the Old 97s about two or three years ago and they did a really nice job. Not sure I like the solo acoustic quite as much, but it was a pretty good show overall. This is a picture I took from my phone.

bobsticks
01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
That reads like a great night Swishy. I like Rhett, and though I don't own his solo stuff, I have several Olds 97 albums and the dig factor is high...

ForeverAutumn
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
That reads like a great night Swishy. I like Rhett, and though I don't own his solo stuff, I have several Olds 97 albums and the dig factor is high...

Saved by the pity click. ;)