High Llamas - Beet, Maize & Corn - anyone here heard this? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : High Llamas - Beet, Maize & Corn - anyone here heard this?

PPG
04-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Their most recent album All Music Guide gives 4.5 stars and the average consumer rating on Amazon is 4 stars. Davey, you heard it? The last time I bought any High Llamas was the Gideon Gaye CD, which got a lot of repetition in my player at the time. This new one is a more stripped-down affair with more acoustic guitars, orchestration, and softly-mixed drums.

Davey
04-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Their most recent album All Music Guide gives 4.5 stars and the average consumer rating on Amazon is 4 stars. Davey, you heard it? The last time I bought any High Llamas was the Gideon Gaye CD, which got a lot of repetition in my player at the time. This new one is a more stripped-down affair with more acoustic guitars, orchestration, and softly-mixed drums.
No, not me, although I do remember mentioning something about it before it was released. Must've been the old board. I only have a couple albums, Cold and Bouncy and the Nomads EP, both on vinyl. It does sound like a very good album from that AMG review. Kind of a cool, 70s retro cover too :)