"The Dark Knight Rises" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "The Dark Knight Rises"

Worf101
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
"The Dark Knight Rises" - I'd give it a "B" or "B-Minus". Overly long, overly preachy. Crazy in some spots. This isn't 1914, cops armed with pistols don't attack armoured vehicles and men behind barricades with automatic long guns. The whole thing with the U.S. Special Forces, unnecessary except to tell us that there was a mole in the outfit. I think the best part of the movie was the set up for the inevitable sequel. I like the take on what might be a more rational origin for "Robin". I also liked the way Catwoman laughs at Batman's schoolboy (no guns allowed) mentality. However the ENTIRE family cracked up the time Bale slapped on his "Batman Grumble" voice. It was just so incongruous, unncessary AND jarring, that we just fell out. We all began imitating him to the point we had to stop the movie and stop doing it before we had errrr.... accidents. Enjoyable overall but just a tad overblown.
Worf

recoveryone
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
You use the darkness as an Allie, but I was born in the darkness.......lol stop stop do it again.....lol ( the 3 hyena's in lion kings) do this part would be killer funny

3LB
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah, overblown. I get that they want to keep the dark and serious nature of crime and justice but this movie takes itself way too seriously, is so pro-establishment and nearly orwellian in its "system knows best" portrayal of law and order, especially right after Occupy Wall Street where policeman were the instigators and thugs, not the protesters.