Audio controller that can play 10-30 audio files on push-button [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Audio controller that can play 10-30 audio files on push-button

Lrb
01-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Hi all;

I need some sort of audio controller that has at least 10 and ideally 20-30 buttons on it that can be pushed to start playback of an individually specified audio file. If I push the button again the file should pause playing. The device should be able to plug into a speaker port (it can also output into a microphone port--both will work). That's all that's needed. I'm sure the audiophiles in the room know what I need but I haven't a clue.

What devices can do this? I am also open to software programs that can work on a tablet computer for this task.

Thanks

recoveryone
01-06-2013, 07:28 AM
based on what I think you are looking for may be a DAR (Digital Audio Receiver) There are several out now days from Sonos to Grace units. There are AVR's now days that have DLNA support built in that would give you contol of computer files you have stored on a laptop or Desktop. I am a big fan of computer audio mainly for the convenance of storage. Vinyl, 8track, Cassettes, CD's all take of space and need some type physical of care. Some of these system can also stream video to your TV, letting you watch Music Video's you have stored. So it will be a matter of what you are really looking for and what you already have in place to cut down the cost factor, if that is a concern.

I use a squeezebox system which I feel is very good in performance and cost factor, Logitech brought out the founding company (SlimDevice) a few years back and now have decided to discountinue the squeezebox line. I have a total 5, from their top of the line Transporter, Touch and 3 of the SB Classics models. Working off of old gaming rig I use as my server in the garage with two external drives first one is a 350GB that holds all the music and the other is a 1.5TB that serves as the backup for all my files.

recoveryone
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
I read you post again and see a little more of what your asking about. what you are seeking is a sound box that has pre determind sounds for each button as what is used in radio and other background audio work. I'm sure you can find a computer program that will work also, but then you will need a patch cord from the computer to a speaker (a cheap computer speaker is easy to find) so the sound is can be heard.

Quick question, what is the application for this?

Here is a small toy version
Amazon.com: sound effects box (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sound+effects+box&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=9625491084&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=157893279904515656&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_3vrtl8c1vw_b)

Lrb
01-06-2013, 03:30 PM
I read you post again and see a little more of what your asking about. what you are seeking is a sound box that has pre determind sounds for each button as what is used in radio and other background audio work. I'm sure you can find a computer program that will work also, but then you will need a patch cord from the computer to a speaker (a cheap computer speaker is easy to find) so the sound is can be heard.

Quick question, what is the application for this?

Here is a small toy version
Amazon.com: sound effects box (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sound+effects+box&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=9625491084&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=157893279904515656&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_3vrtl8c1vw_b)

Yes, that toy version is basically looking for in a device that can play on my computer. I'm in sales and we have a lot of presentation bits that would be very nice to share with the client over the phone; plus there are legal notices that need to be said verbatim and a device like this would be perfect for that. Budget is tight though

Thanks for the help!