Dali 4B floor standing speaker surprising me ! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dali 4B floor standing speaker surprising me !

neibvk
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi forum,

i fortunatly buy a pair of Dali 4B loudspeaker, the retail price for new pair is about 1500$, i have looked for the information on web but don't have much, i try them with local japan amplifier but the sound is quite bright for the hight frequency, but when trying with cambridge audio Azur 640A, that is amazing, balance three range, clear and detail sound but the bass still not satisfy my expectation, not so deep.
Overall, now i am happy with this couple.

Nice to share with forum and wellcome any advices to make it more fit to my expectation.

Mr Peabody
01-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Staying with the 640 and 4B's and wanting to see if bass can be improved, try positioning the 4B's in different ways, out from wall, closer to wall, pointed toward you more or less etc. You might even try a better speaker cable, and interconnects.

What are you using for sources?.

neibvk
01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Dear.

i am using Sony 333ES CDP for sources, so which cable should i try for better sound to meet my expectation ?

thanks for your advices.

Mr Peabody
01-03-2013, 07:43 PM
What are you using now for cables? If you are using stock, or ordinary cables I'd suggest beginning with Anticables, they could be your last, I find the sound pristine and excellent bass response. A good cable that excels in midrange, not especially bass heavy but not shy either would be Bluejeans cable. In my experience the Bluejeans are more forgiving where the Anticable will reveal every last ounce of music your electronics can muster. Both are sold direct via the website, Anticable offers a 30 day return, I believe Bluejeans may as well but I haven't been to their website in some time. I find cables do vary and it's best to try before buying or buy with option to return. Some people claim not to tell any difference. Another brand that impressed me with bass response is Transparent. Being more of a name brand these will be more expensive, in my opinion not necessarily better. I like them better than Bluejeans but Anticable is my current cable of choice..

blackraven
01-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Are the speakers bright and bass shy when playing SACD's or just with standard CD play back. If it is just with CD play back then consider buying a tube DAC for CD play back. The little Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 with the op amp and tube upgrade has a nice warmer sound and plenty of bass. Or you could just add a sub to fill in the bass. I have read that your Sony CD player has a brighter top end.

Welcome to Maverick Audio | TubeMagic D1 DAC | TubeMagic D2 DAC | TubeMagic A1 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier (http://www.mav-audio.com/base/)

They have a new tubemagic plus that is a newer upgraded version of the D1 and you can get the Burr Brown 0627 op amp upgrade to it or the STD D1. I bought one for my son and modded the opamps and rolled some tubes. It sounds great as a DAC and as a preamp. There is a whole section about the D1 on this forum

Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/470639/maverick-audio-tubemagic-d1-dac-amp-condensed-faq-and-info-thread)