A/V Receiver hookups [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A/V Receiver hookups

jevbrowser
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Hey, i have a kind of silly question. I have a Sony STR-DH520 RECEIVER that has:
- 4 HDMI IN ports
- 2 COMPONENT IN ports
- ONE HDMI OUT port (to TV)
- ONE COMPONENT VIDEO OUT port (to TV I assume)
- I have 2 devices connected to the HDMI IN ports on receiver
- I have 2 devices connected to the COMPONENT IN ports on receiver
- I have an HDMI cable connected from the HDMI OUT port on receiver to the HDMI IN port on TV

I KNOW that the audio/video signals from the devices connected to the HDMI IN ports on receiver WILL get sent to the TV thru the HDMI OUT port on receiver.

Silly Part: But will the video (i know COMPONENT sends only video) signals from the devices connected to the COMPONENT IN ports on receiver also be sent to the TV thru the HDMI OUT port on receiver? Or, do I HAVE TO connect a cable to the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT port on receiver to the TVs COMPONENT VIDEO IN port in order to send the COMPONENT video signals to the TV?

thanks for any help?

mitchellin
12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
That model will not upconvert video signals.

jevbrowser
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks Mitchellin! So are you saying that I DO have to connect a cable from the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT port on receiver to the TVs COMPONENT VIDEO IN port in order to send the COMPONENT video signals to the TV?

mitchellin
12-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Correct. You will need to run a component video cable from the "output" on the back of the receiver and plug that into a component video "input" on the TV.