DJANGO unchained [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DJANGO unchained

recoveryone
12-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Saw this the other night, it has a mix of Good, Bad Ugly, Blazing Saddles and Mandingo all in one. There is no hidden plot just straight foward line to rescue Django enslaved wife. overall its an average film with a few very good moments (the raid lead by Don Johnson and when Samual Jackson first meets Django).

Worf101
01-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I went the other night as well. I agree, it's a real mash up of a movie. I really enjoyed pieces of it/portions of it. I felt there were times it lagged and times it went by too quickly. There are some chilling scenes in here, particularly involving runaway slaves. I don't know if White Americans and Black Americans can view the film and ever see it the same. At least not Americans of MY generation. Jamie Foxx was in fine shape for this physically but not the best acting job he's ever done. Samuel L. Jackson all but steels the movie with his "Uncle Ben from Hell" routine. All in all it was an entertaining film about 20 minutes too long. Hell of a film to have open on Christmas day I can tell you. I give it a B-minus over all.

Worf

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I was waiting for the opinions of my brotha's from another mother before I went to see it. Now I think I will go see it. Thanks for your opinions bruh's

bobsticks
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
This isn't about Django Reinhard, is it?

JohnMichael
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
This isn't about Django Reinhard, is it?

No but that gypsy deserves his own film.

Worf101
01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
No but that gypsy deserves his own film.

Amen to that. But the hard part would be getting someone to play the guitar convincingly. It'd be like asking someone to play Jimi or Stevie... they BETTER know how to play that geetar.

Worf

blackraven
01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I just saw it last night. It was a typical Tarintino film. It was an entertaining movie on a touchy subject about a dark momnent of this country's history. It definitely stirred some emotions. B+