You know you're a redneck if... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a redneck if...

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
your husband buys you a banjo for Christmas. :D

Yep, hubby bought me a real life banjo! I've always wanted to learn how to play banjo and now I have no excuse not to. I had absolutely no idea what to do with it so I hit the music store on Boxing Day and bought a bunch of "teach yourself banjo" books for 50% off, including...wait for it....Banjo For Dummies! :D

It's so much fun!

Does anyone here play?

Slosh
12-30-2012, 06:58 AM
My daughter plays ukulele when she doesn't feel like lugging her acoustic guitar around (Martin).

JohnMichael
12-30-2012, 08:07 AM
FA in the first ever progressive jug band.

ForeverAutumn
12-30-2012, 09:17 AM
My daughter plays ukulele when she doesn't feel like lugging her acoustic guitar around (Martin).

We bought my 16-yr-old niece a Ukelele for Christmas. She plays guitar, piano, and violin. She really wanted a Uke. She's pretty good at it after only a week too.

Knowing how to play guitar definately makes adjusting to the banjo a whole lot easier. :)

Smokey
12-30-2012, 10:01 PM
I had absolutely no idea what to do with it so I hit the music store on Boxing Day and bought a bunch of "teach yourself banjo" books for 50% off, including...wait for it....Banjo For Dummies! :DMaybe a renting of film Deliverance should also be in order :)http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Deliverance-copy.jpg

bobsticks
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
FA in the first ever progressive jug band.

That's the first chuckle-worthy quote I've read in this place in quite some time.

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I've been waiting for the "progressive jugs" jokes!