John Mellencamp top 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John Mellencamp top 3

Smokey
12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
John Mellencamp is usually dismissed by audiophiles due to being too main stream and his songs too radio friendly. But like a rough diamond, one have to dig deeper to find songs that are little gems and very catchy like these.

Ranked by most favorite:

1. "I saw Her First" from Mr. Happy Go Lucky
2. "Ain't Even Done with the Night" from Nothin' Matters and What If It Did
3. "Hand to Hold on To" from American Fool

http://cdn0.wn.com/ph/img/9e/dd/78845458bf5fffe87513abd4030f-grande.jpg

blackraven
12-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I am JM fan as well. I prefer his earlier stuff. My only complaint is that his Cd's were recorded too bright as most music was back then so I usually listen to him in the car.

Mr Peabody
12-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I like a lot of JM's music, unfortunately much of it got over played. I bought his John Cougar LP back in high school. It's difficult to pick just 3, I really like the Scare Crow album.

1. Jackie Brown
2. Small Paradise
3. Scare Crow

Still like Cherry Bomb a lot

bfalls
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
My wife and I are good friends with his cousin. The cousin lives down the road from him in Seymour IND. The cousin owns a printer repair service my company uses. We've become good friends over the years and have gone to many concerts with them when in Indiana (free tickets). We once went to Vegas to see him at the Alladin. We've always gone backstage and have met most of the band. Vegas was their last performance of the tour, so we were able to keep the passes and had them signed by most of the band members.

Although John's not the nicest guy you'll ever meet, the family and band are great. He was nice enough though to sign my CDs and a few CDVs I bought about 25+ years ago. Overall I really enjoy his music. He definitely has a devoted fan base. We see many of the same fans at several different concerts.