DIRECTV, Comcast & Dish Raising Prices [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DIRECTV, Comcast & Dish Raising Prices

Smokey
12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Dish yesterday confirmed that it's raising monthly programming packages by at least $5 a month starting in January. And it's not the only TV provider who will soon raise your monthly rates. Robert Mercer, a DIRECTV spokesman, tells the Denver Post that his company plans a "moderate increase" in rates next year.

Comcast is also raising rates. Rates will go up an average of 3.3 percent, although that will vary by city.

Dish monthly fee for the Hopper HD DVR and VIP 922 DVR will stay at $10. But other VIP DVR fees will rise from $1 to $7 a month. the following packages will see price increases, effective January 17, 2013:

Welcome Pack: $14,99 to $19.99 Smart Pack: $24.99 to $29.99 America's Top 120: $44.99 to $49.99 America's Top 120 Plus: $49.99 to $59.99 America's Top 200: $59.99 to $64.99 America's Top 250: $69.99 to $74.99 America's Everything: $104.99 to $119.99.

Dish Monthly Bills Could Rise Next Month (http://www.tvpredictions.com/prices122012.htm)

markw
12-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Got our Comcast bill yesterday morning. It went up about 8%

I called 'em and they said the rates went up and that's that.

I said "Oh really? Do you really want to lose the easy recurring revenue you get from me for doing absolutly nothing except having your computer spit out a bill? Are you sure you want me to drop your service and leave it at that?"

She transferred me. I started out with "I can justify paying what I pay for my cable TV, High-speed internet and phone service. No more though. I want to pay the same that I've been paying for the last three years."

He countered with "Well, you know we gave you a $25 credit in your last bill. What more do you want?"

I came back with "Yeah, about that. That was, I believe, for being without dependable service for a week during Hurricane Sandy. For that matter, my neighbor, who has FIOS, had uninterrupted service. You do know FIOS offers great packages for new subscrbers, don't you? Do you really want to go there? I really don't want to rock the boat, but..."

So, it appears my rates heve been frozen at the same level for four years now.

We go through this dance every year now.

Smokey
12-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Mark, you make a good collection agency :D

I for one glad that cut the cord with Comcast few years ago. The last straw was that they charged me $7 for late bill payment which is outragous.

I pay $50 for bundle phone and internet from AT&T and really don't miss Cable that much with all the steamings we do as I got PC hooked up to main TV.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Looks like the time has come to liscense content again. I am sure Netflix will also raise prices next year as well.