Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays old and new! :-) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays old and new! :-)

Joe B
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys,

Just checking in to see if there are any old familiar faces coming back to visit? It's been a long time since my wife Tia and I have been part of this, but as I mentioned a while back I would drop in on the 20th and see if anyone is in a Holiday reunion mood. We used to have so much fun here back in the late 90's and some good friendships were made. I'll check back throughout the day, so Merry Christmas (if that's your thing) and all the best to you and your families!

Cheers! :wink5:

Joe B

Hyfi
12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Joe, I thought you stopped in a few weeks ago but then you disappeared again.

Nice to see an old moniker. As for the Holiday Spirit, your Stadaconia Band Xmas disk gets lots of play time in my house and is superbly recorded. I spin your Salsa Picante now and then also.

Happy Holidays to you and your family too!

Brian

Joe B
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey Brian! Good to hear from you. I'm glad you like the old Stadacona Band Christmas CD. It's hard for me to believe that it's 17 years old now! We still play it this time of year and it brings me back to when my boys were kids again. I'm an "Over50" now, but I do miss the old gang. Had a lot of laughs Hyfi, and got some great suggestions on stereo gear and nice recordings. Hopefully we'll hear from Tinhere and Gonfishin'...Maybe even the Pogue? One can only hope! ;-) Cheers old buddy!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey Brian! Good to hear from you. I'm glad you like the old Stadacona Band Christmas CD. It's hard for me to believe that it's 17 years old now! We still play it this time of year and it brings me back to when my boys were kids again. I'm an "Over50" now, but I do miss the old gang. Had a lot of laughs Hyfi, and got some great suggestions on stereo gear and nice recordings. Hopefully we'll hear from Tinhere and Gonfishin'...Maybe even the Pogue? One can only hope! ;-) Cheers old buddy!

Now this is a great xmas present. Joe, it is good to see your name once again. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Joe B
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Terrence! Wow, this is cool! :-) Nice to touch base with some old familiar faces...uhhh judging by your signature block , we're not skimping on gear these days, are we? ;-) Lol! That's a pretty impressive set up and I'm sure it sounds as great as it looks. I'm still running my Yamaha MX-1/CX-1 set up with my Paradigm Reference Studio/100's... It's been working great for 15 years now. Oh well, like they say: Good and old is classic, bad and old is rotten! Great talking to you again, all the best to you and your family too.

Joe B

Feanor
12-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Nice to hear from another fellow Canadian. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and yours.

Joe B
12-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Hey Feanor! Merry Christmas..., eh? ;-) weak Canadian Joke... All the best to you and your family too!

Joe B

Pat D
12-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi Joe!

Glad to see you're still around. I still drop by here every once in a while and even post occasionally. We keep the Stadacona Band's A Christmas Festival among our Christmas CDs.

I know you knew Hans Martini, who died a couple of years ago. I went to the memorial service, which was quite big. I see his widow, Janet, fairly often.

I still sing quite a lot. My wife and I babysit her latest granddaughter a couple of times a week. We had a great Christmas with the child and her parents.

I trust you and your family had a good Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year.