the 12-12-12 concert [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : the 12-12-12 concert

Hyfi
12-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Not too much talk about this anywhere and I am unsure why. I did not catch the whole thing live but watched it thru last night. Plenty of good performances and decent set lists from some.

I did FF thru all the Sprinstain tracks because once is too much.

Richie Sambora played some real nice guitar and voice box in the Bon Jovi set.

Half of the Rodger Waters set was really nice, too much from The Wall anytime he plays but the older stuff was better besides Comfortably Numb, which is always awesome. Who was the Guitar player for Waters with the Rose engraved guitar?

The Stones were funny to watch, I always love how the two guitarists make it look like they are shredding when they are only strumming a chord or less. Mick is a riot jumping all around at 90.

Clapton played a nice set as well and not too much Slow Hand crap.

Alecia Keys played some nice songs and she is not a circus act like lady goo goo.

Kanye West was Fast Forwarded thru as I have no appreciation for him or his music or his little leather skirt. Could not understand a word he said.

Paul McCartney set was awesome starting out with Helter Skelter and ending with him playing slide picalo bass with the rest of Nirvana, friggin awesome set.

The set from the Who was also decent even tho I have never been a huge Who fan. Why did it look like Daultry has a muscle body suit on?

Billy Joel set again was really good and his band was really tight. He could have played one or two better songs but all in all good set.

Did anyone else enjoy any of the concert?

Jack in Wilmington
12-18-2012, 06:16 AM
I kept tuning in and tuning out depending on the performer. I didn't have enough room on my DVR to record it. I'll wait till the DVD comes out to really watch it.

Hyfi
12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Turns out Paul's Guitar was a handmade Cigarbox Nation, not a picalo bass.

ForeverAutumn
12-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I didn't even hear about this until the next day. I had no idea it was on.

Hyfi
12-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I didn't even hear about this until the next day. I had no idea it was on.

You can see most of the individual performances/songs on youtube, just search for 12-12-12 concert