Just wanted to drop by and say hi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to drop by and say hi

manlystanley
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
It's been about a year, since I posted. I am still knee deep in fixing up my current foreclosure. Man it's been a ton of work......... Finished moving my laundry room from the basement to the top floor. Now, planning on ripping out my kitchen (down to the studs and joists) and doing it over.......

Anyways, after two years in this house:

-- My main stereo is still boxed up.
-- I do have a smaller setup with my Klipsch RB5-II's up and running.
-- my tube amp that I'm building is still half finished in a box.

-- You'd think that I'd be smart enough to figure out that music comes before everything else, but, alas..... I'm still pretty slow...

But, I've got to say, as I'm sure all of you agree, music speaks to my soul.

Anyways, sometimes I drop by and surf the audioreview, but have been swamped with all the other stuff I'm doing.

For all those that celebrate Christmas: Merry Christmas.

Best Regards,
Stan

blackraven
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Good to hear from you Stan. By the way, how's the hip?

Larry

Hyfi
12-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Long time, hope all is well and enjoy the season

manlystanley
12-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Good to hear from you Stan. By the way, how's the hip?

Larry

Hey Larry,
It's doing good. Most time I don't even know it's there. I love being able to go fishing (which I stand the entire time) till after midnight. This past year I've brought home some really nice: rock fish, puppy drum, blue fish, etc. Lots of fun.

I promised my wife when we moved, that I'd do certain modifications to this house. Man, I got myself into a mess. Got multile projects done, but have got lots more to do. Anyways, got a great deal on the house and plan to sell it when I retire for a nice profit.

Are you anywhere near the great state of Maryland? We could go fishing some night.

Best Regards,
Stan

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Good to see your name Stanley. I know how you feel after going through a 3 year renovation of my Oakland house. Everything is done except for the climate controlled dog kennel, and the astro turf in the backyard. One more month and keeping my fingers crossed.

blackraven
12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Stan, I would love to fish with you. I grew up fishing in NY in the ocean for Flounder, Fluke, Stripped Bass and Bluefish. I live in Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes and fish for Walleye, Large and Small Mouth bass, Northern Pike and occasionally stream Trout. If you ever get to MN, you are welcome to come out on my boat and fish.

manlystanley
12-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Good to see your name Stanley. I know how you feel after going through a 3 year renovation of my Oakland house. Everything is done except for the climate controlled dog kennel, and the astro turf in the backyard. One more month and keeping my fingers crossed.

Ahh...... Sir T...

You put up a bigger dog kennel, and me, my wife and young en's will move in. it looks like you know how to live!!!

Best Regards,
Stan

manlystanley
12-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Stan, I would love to fish with you. I grew up fishing in NY in the ocean for Flounder, Fluke, Stripped Bass and Bluefish. I live in Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes and fish for Walleye, Large and Small Mouth bass, Northern Pike and occasionally stream Trout. If you ever get to MN, you are welcome to come out on my boat and fish.

You have a boat!!!!! Oh man, got to figure out a way to make a trip up there!!!

Best Regards,
Stan