Wanted to buy JVC RX-DV31SL DVD/Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy JVC RX-DV31SL DVD/Receiver

hershon
04-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Wanted to Buy JVC RX-DV31SL DVD/Receiver If anyone wants to sell this, please email me at hershon2004@yahoo.com My price range on this is $180 - $225 plus shipping and must have everything including warranty and be in excellent condition. The price range is what it has gone for on EBAY. I can buy it at $262 plus shipping online, so don't try offering it to me any higher. I live in LA so if anyone from there wants to sell and deliver it to me at my door, I'll pay $225 cash. If not, make me an offer, and the best deal will get my business.

woodman
04-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Wanted to Buy JVC RX-DV31SL DVD/Receiver If anyone wants to sell this, please email me at hershon2004@yahoo.com My price range on this is $180 - $225 plus shipping and must have everything including warranty and be in excellent condition. The price range is what it has gone for on EBAY. I can buy it at $262 plus shipping online, so don't try offering it to me any higher. I live in LA so if anyone from there wants to sell and deliver it to me at my door, I'll pay $225 cash. If not, make me an offer, and the best deal will get my business.

Sounds like your mind's made up on buying this, but please ... hear me now and believe me later. Do not ever buy a combination product ... it's not in your best interests to do so. I've spent a lifetime in servicing these products, and every combo product that I've ever had to deal with has been a total, complete pain in the ass! There are all sorts of shortcuts and compromises made in their design and construction - all of which can spell disaster for the poor unsuspecting owner. Get a receiver and a DVD player as two separate stand alone units - you'll "thank me in the morning".

Hope this helps you

hershon
04-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for your imput. I might reevaluate this. I just got 5 brand new Mod 1 Orb speakers & a new Acoustic Research subwoofer from a company called Orb Audio, both these speakers and Orb are very highly rated. The speakers sell for $699 and you can't get them cheaper anywhere, they are just sold directly by by Orb and are so good no one ever lists them on Ebay or anything. As I live in LA not far from where the guy who created Orb Audio lives he let me come over and hear a demonstration and they sounded excellent much better than anything I had. I got a fantastic deal with him as I asked him if he had any slightly damaged ones and he apparently had one set of Orb speakers with to me invisible marks on the outside, I mean they were micro, I had trouble detecting them even when I looked hard, but this guy is such a perfectionist he won't sell anything that is not absolutely perect-mine were 98% perfect, and I got them including an Acoustic Research S108PSB subwoofer for $450 total, which I couldn't beat. I lucked out as ORB doesn't discount from its $699 list. Anyway, Orb sells as a package with the speakers the JVC RX-DV31SL DVD/Receiver and I figure I can get this about $60 cheaper eventually on EBAY or maybe someone from this board. Before I go on here is a short description of this:
JVC RXDV31SL Combination DVD & 5.1 Prologic II A/V Receiver 100 watts x 2 min. RMS, both channels driven into 8 ohms from 40Hz to 20kHz with no more than 0.8% THD, 100 watts x 5 min. RMS, into 8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.8% THD, Integrated, on screen display, with DTS. This 100-watt X 5 receiver is feature packed, with Dolby digital, DTS and Dolby Pro-logic II and DVD Audio. This receiver also incorporates a full function Direct Digital Progressive scan DVD player built-in. This feature packed DVD receiver also comes complete with an integrated on-screen display and smart disc system for ease of use.

Anyway, do you know of any comparable seperate DVD and reciever units, that are cost effective? Thanks