Fab Four 2012 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fab Four 2012

02audionoob
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Anyone here buying the 2012 vinyl releases of the Fab Four's core catalog...or perhaps the whole darn box? I bought Rubber Soul, largely to fill that gap in my collection. It's a good-sounding record. I don't imagine I'll buy any of the others, though. One pressing of each is enough for me. Anyone else?

filecat13
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
My original vinyls are by and large good enough. The rarity with which they are played wouldn't justify spending $20-30 for a new vinyl pressing. I'm not that big a fan of vinyl.

OTOH, in 2009 I ponied up for the Aluminum Apple with the USB drive in it that had FLAC and 320 kBs MP3 files on it. Now the darn thing is worth over $400! (Not that it's for sale. NO.)

dean_martin
12-13-2012, 11:22 AM
My original vinyls are by and large good enough. The rarity with which they are played wouldn't justify spending $20-30 for a new vinyl pressing. I'm not that big a fan of vinyl.

OTOH, in 2009 I ponied up for the Aluminum Apple with the USB drive in it that had FLAC and 320 kBs MP3 files on it. Now the darn thing is worth over $400! (Not that it's for sale. NO.)
I've read that the USB drive package has the best sound quality. I may pick up a couple of titles on the stereo vinyl to fill in gaps and to replace a couple of old cds that don't sound as good as I think they should (White Album and Abbey Road).