New Link Feature broken [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Link Feature broken

E-Stat
12-04-2012, 06:43 AM
The old way of imbedding a link worked quite well. Once you entered the link, the highlight was on the duplicate URL which ended up as the title for the link. You could easily substitute text that you wanted.

After the site changeover, it worked similarly but all the html was highlighted so that you had to selectively locate and cut out the duplicate URL in order to enter your descriptive text.

Now, you have no ability to select the title. Worse still, the html is faulty leaving the link open so that any text that follows is included with the link structure. I had to use a workaround by inserting a second link in the middle of other text - then cut it out and move it where I wanted.

Please return to original design. Both subsequent changes are decidedly less desirable.

Feanor
12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
The old way of imbedding a link worked quite well. Once you entered the link, the highlight was on the duplicate URL which ended up as the title for the link. You could easily substitute text that you wanted.

After the site changeover, it worked similarly but all the html was highlighted so that you had to selectively locate and cut out the duplicate URL in order to enter your descriptive text.

Now, you have no ability to select the title. Worse still, the html is faulty leaving the link open so that any text that follows is included with the link structure. I had to use a workaround by inserting a second link in the middle of other text - then cut it out and move it where I wanted.

Please return to original design. Both subsequent changes are decidedly less desirable.
I don't seem to have problem when using slightly different appoach: first enter the text (title for the link), e.g. Shostakovich (http://clients.teksavvy.com/~wdbailey/Shostakovich.jpg), highlight it, then click the 'Link' icon and paste the URL.

E-Stat
12-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't seem to have problem when using slightly different appoach: first enter the text (title for the link), e.g. Shostakovich (http://clients.teksavvy.com/~wdbailey/Shostakovich.jpg), highlight it, then click the 'Link' icon and paste the URL.

Thanks for tip. Works fine when you know to enter it backwards from the previously used method. :)