Elvis Costello Top 3 Songs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Costello Top 3 Songs

Smokey
12-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Costello in his hay days was darling of critics and his [early] albums was always included in their variety of 'best" album list. But I don't think he did as well with general public, at least not in the U.S. So these songs are snap shot of his peaks in music venues.

Ranked from most favorites:

1. "Everyday I Write the Book" from Punch the Clock
2. "Watching the Detectives" from My Aim Is True
3. "Veronica" from Spike

http://i46.tinypic.com/sxovhj.jpg

thekid
12-02-2012, 04:02 AM
I have several LP's and CD's of Mr. Costello. I listened to "Armed Forces" and "Trust" a lot when walking to work back in the day.

A few of my favs in no particular order

Alison
Peace, Love and Understanding
Pump It Up

Ex Lion Tamer
12-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Alison
Peace, Love and Understanding
Pump It Up

Though I agree that Peace, Love and Understanding is among his greatest performances; not sure it should be included in a list of ECs best songs because it is written by Nick Lowe.

My list...

The Beat
Riot Act
Less than Zero

Mr MidFi
12-03-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm a fan. Armed Forces is one of my favorite albums ever.

ELT is right about Peace, Love & Understanding... I'll give it an honorable mention because it's such a damn good song. Anyway...

1. Lipstick Vogue
2. Party Girl
3. Suit of Lights

Jim Clark
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Used to be a huge fan, then he kinda lost me. At any rate, Beyond Belief is by far my favorite EC toon. Pump it up and Every Day I write the book would round out my top three.
jc

noddin0ff
12-06-2012, 05:42 AM
#1 is a pretty easy pick for me. After that there's a number to pick from

1. I Want You (Blood & Chocolate)
2. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror (Spike)
3. Beyond Belief (Imperial Bedroom)

Smokey
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Some of your song suggestions I have not heard before, so downloaded the mp3 versions and must say they sound pretty good. Welcome addition to my music collection :)