Lying Salesman Nexus 7/Ipad Mini [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lying Salesman Nexus 7/Ipad Mini

blackraven
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I was at Best Buy the other night taking a look at 7" tablets and the Ipad Mini, comparing the size as I am going to buy a Nexus 7 or the Ipad Mini. I was looking at the Samsung 7" Galaxy tab when a salesman came over and asked if he could help me. I said yes but what I did not realize was that he was a Samsung rep.. I told him I was there to look at the Ipad and was considering the Nexus 7. Then I saw that he was the Samsung rep and he started cutting down the Nexus 7 and Ipad Mini. He asked me why I was looking at the Nexus and I told him because it uses the latest Android OS, the Jelly Bean 4.1 and that the 4.2 version is available and that the 32GB version is on sale. He tried to tell me that the Nexus uses the same OS as the Galaxy which is the slower and outdated Ice Cream Sandwich Android OS ( for those of you not familiar with Android, they give strange names to their operating systems.). He also tried to tell me that the 32GB nexus was not available yet and that it was going to sell for $299. I told him it was available and that Radio Shack had been advertising it for $229. We argued for a minute or two and I eventually told him he was wrong and did not know what he was talking about and I walked away. I hate it when a salesman talks BS to make a sale.

Any way, for those interested, I am leaning to buying the Ipad mini because of the bigger screen and my old eyes. The Ipad mini has a 7.9" diagonal screen vs a 7" for the Nexus and Samsung. 0.9" does not seem like a lot but it actually gives you 35% more viewing space and when you see them side to side it is a big difference. I may even wait for the Google Nexus 10 which you can preorder. It is going to sell for $399 but the price will probably drop to about $350 after a few months. The Ipad mini sells for $329 with 16GB of storage while the Nexus 7 sells for $199 and $250 for 16 and 32GB's respectively. All I really want it for is for travel so I don't need to bring my Laptop.