Single Twinkies for $5000 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Single Twinkies for $5000

Smokey
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Due to Hostess Brands bankruptcy, the seller on ebay posted:"This is your opportunity to own a piece of history, a delicious piece at that. You are bidding on a single Twinkies that will be protectively packaged and shipped to the winning bidder."

The winning bet was $5000 for a single Twinkies.

Single Twinkies | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Twinkies-/221154337629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337dd3635d)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Single-Twinkies-/00/s/MzkzWDU5MA==/$T2eC16V,!)UE9s3wCO,3BQpk76G+lQ~~60_35.JPG

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2012, 05:43 AM
You know what the best part is? Twinkies are so full of preservatives that you could probably keep that Twinkie on display for 20 years before it started showing any sign of wear. :)

JohnMichael
11-24-2012, 07:59 AM
You know what the best part is? Twinkies are so full of preservatives that you could probably keep that Twinkie on display for 20 years before it started showing any sign of wear. :)

Maybe a few teeth imprints.

RoyY51
11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Ok, folks...the line forms to the left...

I have in my possession two unopened packages of fresh Hostess Twinkies, both in pristine condition. Given that the price has been set at $5000, or $10000 for the two, I am offering to trade these culinary treasures for high-end audio equipment. For speakers, I would prefer Wilson, Vandersteen or Focal. Pass and Constellation amplification will also be considered, as well as Nordost wires and cables.

If any bids are for the same equipment, the earlier bid will take precedence.

Items will be shipped via unmarked armored car, so shipping is restricted the Continental United States, only.

I would encourage you to bid a.s.a.p...these gooey little suckers ain't gettin' any fresher!

Smokey
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I would encourage you to bid a.s.a.p...these gooey little suckers ain't gettin' any fresher!

As FA said, they're not getting older either :D

You better hurry with those Twinkies sales because couple of Mexican companies betting on the rights to Twinkies name for manufacturing.