Interesting Revel video [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Revel video

Mr Peabody
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Revel is showing the Performa 3 series and some of their R&D

Revel Performa3 Loudspeaker Series - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9Iysgf_PY&feature=youtu.be)

filecat13
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
That's good stuff, but some of those guys would be better as voice overs rather than as talking heads.

Deer in the headlights...

:eek:

Mr Peabody
11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL. I've been meaning to tell you FC13, I never was much of a JBL fan until the last year to year and a half, I was able to have a set of Array 1400 in my home for a short for a possible sale, they sounded great and I was really impressed with the horns, however, in my room I couldn't get them to image properly and my tube amps couldn't give them what they needed. I have also heard the LS and the new Studio series which both are very good in their price range. JBL is using very good horn technology, refined and smooth, two things not often associated with horns. I remember you being a JBL fan/collector and thought you might appreciate the change in mind :)

filecat13
11-30-2012, 04:17 AM
LOL. I've been meaning to tell you FC13, I never was much of a JBL fan until the last year to year and a half, I was able to have a set of Array 1400 in my home for a short for a possible sale, they sounded great and I was really impressed with the horns, however, in my room I couldn't get them to image properly and my tube amps couldn't give them what they needed. I have also heard the LS and the new Studio series which both are very good in their price range. JBL is using very good horn technology, refined and smooth, two things not often associated with horns. I remember you being a JBL fan/collector and thought you might appreciate the change in mind :)

Well, there's no accounting for taste. Not mine, at least!

I've got the Synthesis® One Array system in my little HT, and the big K2 S9900s in my main stereo rig, but a buddy and I have been working for a year on an L250 hybrid with inverted dome Ti drivers and active quad amping. I really love those direct radiators a lot.

Thanks for the communique. :)

Mr Peabody
11-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Just curious what you are driving the K2 set up with?

Well, there's no accounting for taste. Not mine, at least!

I've got the Synthesis® One Array system in my little HT, and the big K2 S9900s in my main stereo rig, but a buddy and I have been working for a year on an L250 hybrid with inverted dome Ti drivers and active quad amping. I really love those direct radiators a lot.

Nice HT. Just curious what you use to drive the K2 set up?

Thanks for the communique. :)

filecat13
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Just curious what you are driving the K2 set up with?

The K2s break down like this:

Sources: Oppo BDP-83SE and iStream DAC (for iPod, iPad)
--RCA stereo analog basic Monoprice interconnects to--
Analog Pre: Parasound Halo P7
--XLR Balanced outs (L,R, Sub) to--
Two SS amps: ATI 2003 (3x200W)
--dual pairs of garage sale Monster Z Series speaker wire to--
HF and LF inputs on K2s

The ATI 2003s send two channels to their respective K2 HF and LF terminals, and each third channel goes to a corresponding pair of Synthesis® S2S subs crossed to the K2s at 50 Hz.

Mr Peabody
11-30-2012, 09:46 PM
The ATI 2 & 3000 series are one of hi-fi's best bargains, and kept secret, certainly have the grunt for the JBL's. If you've never experimented with higher quality cables it's something you should try. One of the best performance to price cables I've found have been Anticable, sold direct via the website.

Mr Peabody
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I heard the Performa 3 F206, driven by first Onkyo Reference then by Levinson. The
F206 has all aluminum drivers, two 6 1/2" bass drivers, a 5" midrange and tweeter.
My impression the mids & highs are more open like the Studio, the aluminum tweeter seems brighter compared to the prior Performa cceramic tweeter. The largest difference to me and not a step forward in my opinion is the bass response, it's looser and has more blume where the prior Performa maintains more definition and control. Coming from my Dynaudio to the F52's one of the hardest things to get used to was the difference in bass response but after living with the F52's and playing many of my familiar albums I have come to believe the F52's has possibly the best lower bass detail of any speaker I've heard. The F206 has only one set of terminals and no controls, I was told the F208's may have some controls. My F52's has a control to boost or cut the high end by a couple .5dB steps, it also has a 3 position bass contour control for different room placements. this type of thing would probably drive a purist insane, and I wasn't overly enthused but after listening and living with them I'm confident the controls are an aid and don't degrade anything. Another change the F206 has a front port, I'd have to check to see if this is consistent throughout the Performa 3.

Solkrotly
08-28-2019, 02:24 PM
min drill brief neighbourhood Strogaire » Ñåðèàë Âèçèòåðû / Vèçèòåðû / V / Visitors îôèöèàëüíûé ñàéò. Ñêà÷àòü ñåðèàë Âèçèòåðû. Ñàéò ñåðèàëà Âèçèò¸ðû / Visitors. Íîâîñòè ñåðèàëà Âèçèò¸ðû (http://vizitery.ru/user/Strogaire/) tex greatness saves seasons

Solkrotly
08-30-2019, 05:46 PM
drowning throne mick dizzycittle932 » Ôèòî News (http://fito-news.ru/user/dizzycittle932/) exams rumbllng walls treat