Currently Active Users [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Currently Active Users

markw
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Didja ever look at some of the names/monikers in that big block of these at the bottom of the main forums page? Lots of them look like some "users" simply let their pets run across the keyboard for these "names".

Hyfi
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
it's usually just empty when I look except for a mod

Feanor
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Didja ever look at some of the names/monikers in that big block of these at the bottom of the main forums page? Lots of them look like some "users" simply let their pets run across the keyboard for these "names".
True, i noticed it a couple of days ago. Are these bona fide users are are they 'bots trying to insert spam?

Hyfi
11-15-2012, 02:08 PM
True, i noticed it a couple of days ago. Are these bona fide users are are they 'bots trying to insert spam?

odd, this is what I usually see

"There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)

Hyfi"

markw
11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
That's about right for the bottom of the page while within a paticular thread, like this.

Go to the MAIN forums page, where ALL the forums ae listed.

ForeverAutumn
11-15-2012, 02:55 PM
They are spam bots. For a while us Mods were trying to delete them before they could post but trying to keep up was exhausting, so I gave up and now I only delete/ban the ones who post.

markw
11-15-2012, 04:25 PM
They are spam bots. For a while us Mods were trying to delete them before they could post but trying to keep up was exhausting, so I gave up and now I only delete/ban the ones who post.Kinda like trying to dig a hole in dry sand with a teaspoon in a stiff wind, eh?