Satellite radio renewal question... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Satellite radio renewal question...

ForeverAutumn
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
When I bought my car, it came equipped with a Sirius radio and six free months. At the end of the six months, Sirius gave me a pretty good deal to sign on that worked out to under $10/mth. Now that my subscription is up for renewal they want $203 for the next 12 months! Having had it for almost two years now, I'm not really sure that it's worth $200/yr to me. If I don't renew, will they start sending me better deals to get me to sign back up? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

Swish
11-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I had a similar issue a couple years ago. They automatically charged my credit card for something like $160 and I never gave them permission. I got that sorted out and they agreed to give me a full year of both car and PC streaming for about $85. This year I I made sure to call them before they could even attempt to charge my credit card and they renewed me again for about $85, but they wouldn't give me the PC streaming this time.

I would call and negotiate because they're doing everything they can to retain customers.

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2012, 06:54 AM
They would have automatically charged me also...it was part of the agreement when I signed up, so I knew that...except I cancelled that card a few months ago so they had no way to charge me. They called me because my account was overdue. I told the guy it was too expensive, but he didn't offer me anything lower. Maybe I'll call back and be more direct. Thanks.