OPPO-tunity digital BDP- 103 & 105 is here [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OPPO-tunity digital BDP- 103 & 105 is here

winston
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
still buying Blu-ray players? well the OPPO 103 should get the job done, and if audiophiles needs more the 105 is almost here, take a peek and say hello:) OPPO BDP-103 Blu-ray Disc Player (http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103-Images.aspx)

Mr Peabody
11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
The 103 is quite a player for $499.00, I may have missed it but I didn't see where it mentioned being Wyfi.

The current model of Cambridge universal player is supposed to be a great performer as well, I think it's the 751.

blackraven
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
With the loss of Blockbuster, I can't justify spending $500-$1100 on a BluRay player unless you are looking for an SACD player but I would rather buy a dedicated SACD player like the Marantz 8000 series.

I am really pissed off that there is no place else to rent BluRays's except for RedBox. I liked being able to browse the Blockbuster store for movies.

Hyfi
11-06-2012, 04:54 AM
The 103 is quite a player for $499.00, I may have missed it but I didn't see where it mentioned being Wyfi.

The current model of Cambridge universal player is supposed to be a great performer as well, I think it's the 751.

It will stream just about anything and comes with it's own wireless USB dongle that gets great reception. And whatever few types of files it won't stream, will usually play via USB stick or drive.

Along with a few minor updates, I think the real drive was a change in some copyright playback restrictions so they had to build new players to comply after a certain date.

Other than backlit buttons and an extra USB port and a few other minor changes, it is not much different than the 93-95 units. My $418 93 refurb has been flawless since I got it.

hifimasterOZ
02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Actually Hyfi, both the BDP-103 and BDP-105 units have upgraded video and audio processing. And given the BDP-103 is only $499 ($699 AUD in Australia) That makes it considerably better value than the old BDP-95 and BDP-93 models. Of course as already stated, the BDP-105 is built specifically to appeal to the two-channel audiophiles. The BDP-103 has identical video and multi-channel audio processing - At less than half the price !!! As I sell both the Oppo and the Cambridge units, as well as the high end Marantz and Onkyo models, I can safely say that the older Cambridge units are comparable to the Oppo in video performance, but outperform them in both multi-channel and two-channel performance - Hardly surprising given Cambridge audio's expertise in CD playback. However, the new Oppo units are superior (Queue the release of the Cambridge 752BD, lol) The new Marantz UD7007 is fairly comparable in performance to the Oppo BDP-105 (They use the same Marvell Qdeo, but the build and finish and connectivity are better on the Oppo. Long story short, unless you already own an older model Oppo (Which are superb as is, even today), and don't want to believe that Oppo could possbily have managed to improve upon their own design, or if you require audiophile quality CD playback, buy the new BDP-103 with confidence, its stupidly cheap and incredibly good value for money