You East Coasters [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You East Coasters

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
I hope you all are safe, and keep yourselves safe throughout this storm. I hope you are heeding the warnings that are being given out to you.

Stay safe, stay dry.

JohnMichael
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
What Sir T said. I would like to add that many of us would appreciate it if you check in, if able, to let us know you are okay.

Stay safe everyone.

Hyfi
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
getting pretty windy outside of philly and raining, but not the inches we are supposed to get tonight, between 5 an 10 here.

Smokey
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
When all of transportation including NewYork subways comes to a hault, I think there is room for concern. Let's hope everybody stay safe.

Southampton, New York
http://www.inkefalonia.gr/media/k2/items/cache/74eb578a1192596fbbb21868b608b05c_L.jpg

Mingus
10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
It getting pretty bad here in NYC. Light rain with wind gusting to 45 mph. The worst is on its way. Put every moveable object in the garage yesterday. Just pick up my wife from work (early day) in Manhattan and encounter lots of traffic driving home around LaGuardia Airport and Citifield. The wind seems to be in spurts.....calm for a few moments and picks up subsequently. Many small branch in my yard. Just have to wait it out and see what happens. Hope everbody else is safe

Hyfi
10-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Looks like this site faired worse than the rest of us, can't keep it up for more than a few minutes.

I lost power for 12 hours and have a whole lot of cleanup to do but did not lose any trees, roof or siding like all my neighbors.

Scariest wind I ever witnessed for sure. Still lots of people without power in my area.

dean_martin
10-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Please check in and post as you're able. Hope all is well.

ForeverAutumn
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
can't keep it up for more than a few minutes.

TMI! :nonod:

On a serious note...glad to hear that you're safe.

Worf101
10-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Long nights in the SEMO (State Emergency Management Office) Bunker. Lots of devastation, I never lost power my about 2 million in my State did. Still could'a been a whole lot worse. We're above sea level unlike N.O. Things will take some time to get normalized. Don't know how in **** they're gonna run a marathon tomorrow. But, that's not my call. Those decisions are made above my pay grade. Still, thanks for love folks.

Dave

Robert-The-Rambler
10-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Here in Bay Shore Long Island we lost power for just 2 days thankfully just getting it back tonight. My brother in Massapequa Park had a tree fall on his new house with some moderate damage and my cousin in Seaford had his basement flooded. I was lucky to live somewhat north of Montauk Highway. If you were south of that you were in the flood zone. It was scary but for those who lost everything it is tragic. I wrote this on Monday night to describe how I was feeling about the situation as it was unfolding.

In times like these

It's the stories people will tell

That will help others understand

What it was like

When Sandy changed their lives.....

A stormy night like this

There is no better time to reminisce

I used to love to see the power of nature

Now I just wish

It would would go away.....

Powerless, I just listen to the music

I've got nothing else to do by candlelight

The battery in my phone

It's all I got

And headphones.....

What will I see?

And what will I hear?

When I wake up tomorrow

Will the place I call home ever be the same?

What will be left of the beaches?

To live surrounded by water

And see water rise and recede from the beach

It's a lasting memory

Of a childhood for me

Now I see tragedy.....

Powerless, I just listen to the music.....

Mingus
11-01-2012, 07:00 AM
We got thru the storm OK. No basement floods, no house damages but lots of debris, leaves, fallen branches and twigs. No outages but the light flicker many times during the storm. During clean up we had 8 huge bags of stuff from the storm. One tree got uprooted on my block. As far as I can see no house got damage during the storm.

The subway and bus system is very limited and the drive to Manhattan is very slow. My neighbor took four hours driving to Manhattan yesterday morning. My wife had a hotel room in midtown for a few nights paid by her company. The kids are off from school for the rest of the week. Many homes are still without electricity.

Driving around the neighborhood in northeastern Queens I saw many uprooted trees amd fallen telephone poles. House damage was very minimal.

Today the streets for the most part look pretty normal except for a few missing trees. Work crews are in many streets doing repairs and tree removal.

Mingus
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
A Nor'Easter will hit NJ and NY by Wednesday with winds up to 50mph and 2 to 4 inch of rainfall.

dean_martin
11-05-2012, 11:17 AM
A Nor'Easter will hit NJ and NY by Wednesday with winds up to 50mph and 2 to 4 inch of rainfall.

Thanks for the update. My son lives in cherry hill and goes to school in camden. Glad you've made it through so far. Could be a strange winter too. We're still experiencing temps in the 80s in south AL.

ForeverAutumn
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Man, that Mother Nature sure is being a *****!

Robert-The-Rambler
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Man, that Mother Nature sure is being a *****!

I'm gonna move south

Mingus
11-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Last night was blustery with 6" of snow. This morning wasn't too bad...I thought it would be worst. The transportation for the most part is passable. With the temperature rising the next few days most of the snow should melt.