Most annoying songs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying songs

Smokey
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Just from top of my head :)

1. Footloose by Kenny Loggins
This is probably one of worst movie soundtrack song written.

2. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
Weakest song on the PG's So album, yet it was released as a single.

3. I've Seen All Good People by Yes
A very disjointed song.

Hyfi
10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Clouds in my Coffee by whoever it is...I try to forget

We Buy Any Car.com

Jack in Wilmington
10-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Sometimes I can listen to a whole minute of these songs cause I know I'll feel so much better when it stops.

Mack the Knife

Maggie May

And Sorry Jim Clark but anything by Frightened Rabbit. You mentioned them and I had to check it out or I never would have known about them.

Finch Platte
10-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Stairway To Heaven

Love In An Elevator

Anything by Foreigner

Finch Platte
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Clouds in my Coffee by whoever it is...I try to forget

Your Slow Vein, that song about phlebitis?

ForeverAutumn
10-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Just from top of my head :)

1. Footloose by Kenny Loggins
This is probably one of worst movie soundtrack song written.

2. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
Weakest song on the PG's So album, yet it was released as a single.

3. I've Seen All Good People by Yes
A very disjointed song.

LOL! I actually like all of those songs quite at bit. :) I've Seen All Good People is one of my favourite Yes songs...Well, it's more the first part, Your Move, that is my favourite.

There are so many annoying songs, but the very worst one IMO is Mambo Number Five. Just take me out and shoot me rather than make me listen to that song again.

Hyfi
10-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Your Slow Vein, that song about phlebitis?

Yeah, how stupid?

Your so vein, you probably think this song is about you.....

Well isn't it?

Smokey
10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I guess we are talking about Carly Simon. And definitely agree on Stairway To Heaven as it goes on forever.

Sometimes I can listen to a whole minute of these songs cause I know I'll feel so much better when it stops.

LOL..how true that is as I do that myself sometimes.

LOL! I actually like all of those songs quite at bit.

That explain the popularity of those songs :D

bfalls
10-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Debbie Boone "You Light Up My Life"

MasterCylinder
10-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Layla, Sweet Melissa and any other song where the slide guitar player is not EXACTLY on the note............I would say just shoot me but I'd rather shoot the guitar player.

Swish
10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Layla, Sweet Melissa and any other song where the slide guitar player is not EXACTLY on the note............I would say just shoot me but I'd rather shoot the guitar player.

Dude was one of the best slide players on the planet, and he was all of 28 when he was killed. WTF?

MasterCylinder
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
On the album EAT A PEACH, Duane Allman was dead before the recording of the song called "Melissa".
In addition, neither age or death is a factor associated with hitting the correct note.
The slide guitar work on this recording could be greatly improved.

Clapton is also known as a "guitar God" but his slide playing on Layla is atrocious and cruel.

Swish
10-31-2012, 01:09 PM
On the album EAT A PEACH, Duane Allman was dead before the recording of the song called "Melissa".
In addition, neither age or death is a factor associated with hitting the correct note.

Clapton is also known as a "guitar God" but his slide playing on Layla is atrocious and cruel.

I thought all of Eat a Peach was recorded before Dwayne's death, but only one of the albums of the double featured Dwayne.

RoyY51
10-31-2012, 04:05 PM

Clapton didn't play the slide guitar on "Layla". It was played by another member of "Derek and the Dominoes"...Duane Allman.

MasterCylinder
11-01-2012, 04:27 AM
After the breakup of Cream, Clapton tried his hand with several groups, including Blind Faith and the husband-and-wife duo Delaney and Bonnie. In the spring of 1970, he was told that Delaney and Bonnie's backup band, consisting of bassist Carl Radle, drummer Jim Gordon, and keyboardist Bobby Whitlock, was leaving the group. Seizing the opportunity, Clapton formed a new group, which became Derek and the Dominos.[6]

In mid-to-late 1970, Duane Allman joined Clapton's fledgling band as a guest. Clapton and Allman, already mutual fans, were introduced at an Allman Brothers concert by Tom Dowd.[7][time needed] The two hit it off well and soon became good friends. Dowd said of their guitar-playing chemistry: "There had to be some sort of telepathy going on because I've never seen spontaneous inspiration happen at that rate and level. One of them would play something, and the other reacted instantaneously. Never once did either of them have to say, 'Could you play that again, please?' It was like two hands in a glove. And they got tremendously off on playing with each other."[8] Dowd was already famous for a variety of work and had worked with Clapton in his Cream days (Clapton once called him "the ideal recording man"); his work on the album would be another achievement. For the making of his biographical film Tom Dowd and the Language of Music, he remixed the original master tapes of "Layla,"[9] saying, "There are my principles, in one form or another."[7][time needed]

Clapton originally wrote "Layla" as a ballad, with lyrics describing his unrequited love for Pattie Boyd, but the song became a "rocker" when Allman reportedly helped compose the song's signature riff.[8] With the band assembled and Dowd producing, "Layla" was recorded in its original form. The recording consisted of six guitar tracks: a rhythm track by Clapton, three tracks of harmonies played by Clapton against the main riff, a track of slide guitar by Allman, and one track with both Allman and Clapton playing duplicate solos.[8][10]

Shortly afterward, Clapton returned to the studio, where he heard Gordon playing a piano piece he had composed separately. Clapton, impressed by the piece, convinced Gordon to allow it to be used as part of the song.[6] "Layla's" second movement was recorded roughly a week after the first, with Gordon playing his piano part, Clapton playing acoustic guitar and slide guitar, and Allman playing electric and bottleneck slide guitar.[8][10] After Dowd spliced the two movements together,[8] "Layla" was complete.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

The description above reflects that you might be exactly correct..................but both are credited with playing slide guitar at some point on LAYLA...................so shoot them both !!!
[Must have been before Allman developed into "one of the best slide players on the planet".]