Best Frozen Pizza [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Frozen Pizza

Smokey
10-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I love pizza and could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Been trying different frozen pizza (I'm a night owl) and some of them are as expensive as pizza places like Pizza Hut, but not as good and fresh and the topping such as pepperoni don't taste as good.

But Tombstone frozen pizza seem to be a winner in my book since it is not too expensive and and the crust and toppings taste pretty darn good. So I vote for Tombstone as best frozen pizza in terms of value and taste.

And pizza is not a pizza without extra toppings such as jalapeneo and green olives :)

http://happinessseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Pizza.jpeg

Feanor
10-21-2012, 08:37 AM
That does sound good. :arf:

I don't think that brand is available in this neck of the woods, unfortunately.

We do eat a fair bit of pizza around home including both pizzeria and frozen. Locally Costco sells a cheap but pretty good pizza; the best is from an outfit called Panago (http://panago.com/) that operates in most of Canada but with more locations in Alberta and BC.

http://panago.com/images/logo.png http://www.costco.ca/wcsstore/CostcoGLOBALSAS/images/costco_wholesale_214_64.png

JohnMichael
10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I do like Tombstone pizzas. Sadly they do not make or market in this area a smaller pizza for one. I tend to buy Digiorno pizzas for one. They make a square supreme pizza and Corky gets the sausage bits. Makes for a fun evening of TV.

Our best pizzas are local shops and not the chains. Sadly the better pizzerias do not deliver. I do tip well and my pizzas arrive hot. Funny thing I can eat cold pizzeria pizza the next day but I never eat left over frozen pizza.

RoyY51
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
California Kitchen makes the best frozen pizza that I've tried...their Margherita pizza is damned good!

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Man, I LOVE California Pizza Kitchen. I wish we had them here in Canada. Everytime I'm in the US I always look for one and make it a point of having dinner there if I can. If was entrepreneurial, I would look into buying the rights to bring them into Canada.

I didn't know that they made frozen pizza too.

RoyY51
10-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Oh, yeah...I buy the Margherita and then "spruce it up" with some of my own fixin's.

JohnMichael
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Man, I LOVE California Pizza Kitchen. I wish we had them here in Canada. Everytime I'm in the US I always look for one and make it a point of having dinner there if I can. If was entrepreneurial, I would look into buying the rights to bring them into Canada.

I didn't know that they made frozen pizza too.

Come visit me and I will take you to Columbus and we can shop and enjoy a California Pizza Kitchen pizza. In the area where it is we have a Tiffany's, a French linen store, several good kitchen stores and a Barnes and Noble. Oh and a Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Bed, Bath and Beyond, World Market oh hell I need to shop.

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Come visit me and I will take you to Columbus and we can shop and enjoy a California Pizza Kitchen pizza. In the area where it is we have a Tiffany's, a French linen store, several good kitchen stores and a Barnes and Noble. Oh and a Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Bed, Bath and Beyond, World Market oh hell I need to shop.

That sounds like a fun time!. You've listed many of my favourite stores. I'd have to leave Hubby at home...he'd only get in our way. Although, it would be helpful to have him around to carry all our bags. :D

Robert-The-Rambler
10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
There is simply nothing better than that. I like to add Hormel or Boars Head pepperoni and even experiment with extra shredded mozzerella cheese or parmesan and romano. Tombstone is not bad though and costs less. I only see the rising crust pizzas in 12" sizes in my area. I love it. I remember hearing on the news that it was one of the most healthy frozen foods you can bake at home.

Smokey
10-22-2012, 12:52 AM
I have tried DiGiorno and Red Baron also. To me red baron tasted slightly better as it tasted fresher. I tend to put my own toppings, so judging was based on single pepperoni topping pizza brand.

Pepperoni on TombStone tasted best to me. Also noticed that other brands use more preservetive and other additives than TS brand in their frozen pizza. Maybe as Robert said, it is a healthy frozen food.

Never tried California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza. See if I can find it at local grocer.

Funny thing I can eat cold pizzeria pizza the next day but I never eat left over frozen pizza.

Left over pizza is probably one of best midnight snack munchies :)

Hyfi
10-22-2012, 03:28 AM
I try not to eat supermarket frozen pizza because I see it as mostly low grade ingredients and preservatives. (=garbage) I do freeze our local Pizza place's pies once in a while when they have a 1/2 price sale on holidays.

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2012, 05:42 AM
I'm with Hyfi. We rarely eat pizza (unless I'm on vacation and there's a CPK :)). Maybe two or three times a year we'll order in. I don't recall the last time bought a frozen pizza...we used to occasionally get the fresh made pizza's from Costco but we don't even do that anymore.

Now, if we want a quick pizza, we use whole wheat pita, spread on some sauce and mozzarella and add our own toppings. The pita gets nice a crispy in the oven. Delish!

Hyfi
10-22-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm with Hyfi. We rarely eat pizza (unless I'm on vacation and there's a CPK :)). Maybe two or three times a year we'll order in. I don't recall the last time bought a frozen pizza...we used to occasionally get the fresh made pizza's from Costco but we don't even do that anymore.

Now, if we want a quick pizza, we use whole wheat pita, spread on some sauce and mozzarella and add our own toppings. The pita gets nice a crispy in the oven. Delish!

This summer we used Naan Breads and topped them with all the vegies we grew in the garden, until the deer ate all the Swiss Chard.

TheHills44060
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
California Pizza Kitchen is good but my favorite is pizza from the Harpersfield Winery. I consistently get the best pizza from the wineries along Lake Erie. Artisan pizza and a nice bottle of wine goes so well together.

I haven't liked most of the frozen pizza I've tried so i stopped buying them.

bfalls
10-22-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Totino's Party Pizzas. I like the Digiorino's (especially the Spinach and Garlic) and the Tombstone's, but especially for the money I really enjoy the Totino's. They are smaller, but for less than $2 their Canadian Bacon Party Pizza has great flavor and exceptional crust. My wife and I are rarely home before 8:00 in the evening. They are perfect for a quick and easy late dinner.

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
their Canadian Bacon Party Pizza has great flavor and exceptional crust.

We just call it bacon. ;)

Hyfi
10-22-2012, 08:33 AM

But isn't Canadian Bacon just a little slice of Ham, while actual Bacon is little strips of fat with a teeny bit of meet in there somewhere?

bfalls
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM

What do you call Ham?

Ham eh?:D

Smokey
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I try not to eat supermarket frozen pizza because I see it as mostly low grade ingredients and preservatives. (=garbage).

Common Hyfi, how bad a piece of bread with tomato sauce and some mozz cheese be? If you buy frozen single topping suh as cheese or pepproni and add your own toppings, it is actually a pretty healthy meal.

But definitely stay away from frozen pizza with sausage topping. On most brands, the sausage funny after taste pretty much kill the whole pizza flavor.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Totino's Party Pizzas.

Not enough cheese :D

HardissonHard
01-22-2022, 03:38 AM
Hello everyone! Is anyone doing a kitchen or bathroom renovation right now? If so, then I can recommend you a great company that makes furniture. I contacted Bathroom Vanities Philadelphia (https://kitchensearch.com/) for bathroom cabinets and I can say that the quality of the furniture is excellent because it can withstand constant contact with moisture. I think that they also have no problems with kitchen furniture.

RomanClo
03-17-2024, 01:56 PM
A new house is of course fine, but it’s best when everything is in order with communications. Especially with regard to sewage, it is important that it does not leak and works as it should. And when something happens, it’s best to know about it in advance, for example, dryer vent cleaning https://comfortclean.com/dryer-vent-cleaning/ You can find out how you can clean vents. It really happens to be a sudden and unpleasant problem that you need to be able to cope with.