BestBuy Matching Online Prices [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BestBuy Matching Online Prices

Smokey
10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Consumers increasingly use BB expansive showrooms to check out products they end up buying elsewhere onlin- a strategy known as “showrooming.” New pricing matching policy is a way to turn the table around on that strategy.

Best Buy will match the price of major online retailers, including amazon.com, apple.com, bhphotovideo.com, buy.com, circuitcity.com, crutchfield.com, dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, tigerdirect.com and walmart.com.

Bestbuy is offering the price matching on appliance and electronics hardware products, including audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, through Dec. 24-with the exception of the Thanksgiving week (including Black Friday) and Cyber Monday (Nov. 26).

Best Buy Matching Online Prices | Home Media Magazine (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/best-buy/best-buy-matching-online-prices-28574)

Hyfi
10-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Oddly enough, about a month ago Target announced that they would not do that just to sell more at a lesser profit. Then just last week announced the same thing BB just did.

Feanor
10-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Consumers increasingly use BB expansive showrooms to check out products they end up buying elsewhere onlin- a strategy known as “showrooming.” New pricing matching policy is a way to turn the table around on that strategy.

Best Buy will match the price of major online retailers, including amazon.com, apple.com, bhphotovideo.com, buy.com, circuitcity.com, crutchfield.com, dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, tigerdirect.com and walmart.com. ...
To the best of my knowledge Bestbuy.ca and its affiliate, FutureShop.ca having been doing this for a couple of years.

E.g. when I bought my Canon SX20IS a couple of years ago, they matched a published price from Blacks.ca, and on top of that, gave me further, small, fixed reduction, $10 or something like that.

Smokey
10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Oddly enough, about a month ago Target announced that they would not do that just to sell more at a lesser profit.

Less profit is better than no profit :D

Sears seem to be worst when it comes to price matching. They told me they don't even match prices with local retailors such as Target (which is right cross from them) or Walmart.

To the best of my knowledge Bestbuy.ca and its affiliate, FutureShop.ca having been doing this for a couple of years.

I am not sure how competition is up north, but BB in US face a very fierce competition from local merchandises such as Target, Sears/Kmart, Officemax, Compusa, and especially Walmart. May be that is why the difference in price matching policy.