I deleted Markw's thread. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I deleted Markw's thread.

ForeverAutumn
10-18-2012, 05:20 AM
It seemed to me that the thread served no other purpose than to continue to goad on some of the other members here and continue the heated discussion that John shut down yesterday.

If you have unresolved issues with another member here, take it up privately. If someone feels that things are getting out of hand privately, let me or another moderator know. Just as we will not tolerate bullying on the board, we will also not tolerate it in PMs.

Now everybody involved (you know who you are) go to your room for a time out and cool down period.

JohnMichael
10-18-2012, 05:43 AM
It seemed to me that the thread served no other purpose than to continue to goad on some of the other members here and continue the heated discussion that John shut down yesterday.

If you have unresolved issues with another member here, take it up privately. If someone feels that things are getting out of hand privately, let me or another moderator know. Just as we will not tolerate bullying on the board, we will also not tolerate it in PMs.

Now everybody involved (you know who you are) go to your room for a time out and cool down period.

Wise choice and I agree. Even though it had a different title it was a sequel to that other thread.

Feanor
10-18-2012, 05:46 AM

Thank you,

For my part I won't have been much bothered, (though I've been the brunt of many). As I pointed out to Sir T, I can take a lot of heat without wilting.

Florian
10-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote of Homer Simpson: "Booooooring"

JohnMichael
10-18-2012, 05:55 AM
If anyone is bothered by negative PM's they can be forwarded to a mod. You can also place a member on an ignore list.

markw
10-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Truth hurts, eh, wot? :D

I love the conflicting directions from the different mods on PM's.

Don't worry about it. If I've got something to say, I'll say it publicly.

But, odds are it will be deleted.

As usual, I calls' em like I sees 'em, but that doesn't go over well here, does it?.

JohnMichael
10-18-2012, 06:26 AM
As FA said solve issues with another member in PM's.

I said if those PM's become abusive forward to a mod or put the member on your ignore list.

In other words try to solve it privately but if you begin to feel bullied by the tone of the PM's or quantity of them let a mod know.

ForeverAutumn
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
I love the conflicting directions from the different mods on PM's.

Okay then, I am speaking only for myself when I say this...

I want the members here to know that, as a Mod, I can only see what is being posted publicly. If I see something public that I deem inappropriate or if I receive a complaint about a post (as happened recently) I will deal with it as I see fit. Therefore, if anyone here receives something in a Private Message that they find offensive or of a bullying nature, they can let me know and I will deal with the offending member as I see fit.

I will not tolerate cyber-bullying on this site.By saying that, I'm not implying that cyber-bullying has gone on here, but I'm making it clear right now that it won't be tolerated if it occurs.

I want members of this site to feel secure lodging complaints if anything is said that makes them feel uncomfortable.

If two or more members want to go at each other and have a heated discussion, I won't get in the way (within reason). But if one person feels that something has gotten out of hand, don't hesitate to contact me through a PM or the Report a Post feature...the Report a Post feature goes to all the mods.