Lawrence of Arabia back in theaters [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence of Arabia back in theaters

Smokey
10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles3/1704378/article_images/lawrence_of_arabia_1.jpg

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest movies ever made, Lawrence of Arabia is set to return to the big screen on select movie theaters Thursday October 4th. The “Lawrence of Arabia 50th Anniversary Event: Digitally Restored” will be held at 7:00 p.m. local time, with special matinees in select theaters.

The event will be presented using new digital cinema projection systems in more than 630 select movie theaters around the country. The film was meticulously restored by Sony Pictures Entertainment in 4K at Sony Pictures’ Colorworks from the original 65mm negative.

The movie is released to cioncide with four-disc collector’s Gift Set will be available on November 13 in a fully-restored Blu-ray with UltraViolet. The four-disc set includes three Blu-ray discs, plus a CD of the original soundtrack featuring previously unreleased tracks.

Here is list of participating local theaters which the movie will be shown:

http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/alllocations.aspx?eventid=1134

dean_martin
10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Great film, but I'm not sure I could sit through it in a theater without an intermission. My attention span is ok, it's my sitting-on-my-arse span that suffers.

A couple years ago Best Buy was getting rid of all its Superbit dvd titles for $9.99. I picked up LoA. It looks great, although I'm sure the blu-ray will be even better.

winston
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Great movie, maybe I'll go see it in the theaters if I get pushed :) but as for the blu-ray goes, I'm not sure if I would buy a copy in a hurry!!... I have some of the (Superbit & Superbit Deluxe) titles myself, and Lawrence of Arabia is an outstanding copy in widescreen presentation at 227 Mins. in DDS/DTS 5.1 Audio,

also (Das Boot the director's cut, and Mel Gibson "The Patriot) all great Superbit collection,

Smokey
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Well guys, if you are planning to watch it in theaters, you only get one shot at it which is thursday the Oct 4th. I can't go since have to work thursday night :(

I have the earlier version two disc DVDs and it look pretty good and I imagine it look even better on Superbit. Probably Bluray version will have a killer picture quality after studio went thru all the trouble restoring it.