So fellow Canadians... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So fellow Canadians...

ForeverAutumn
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Another Trudeau for PM? What are your thoughts on Trudeau Jr.?

RGA
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Isn't nepotism grand? Finally had enough of the teacher salary and figures why not do half as much work for 4-10 times the money (depending whether he wins).

With any luck he's not a wing nut and while I voted NDP if he truly is "left" of the Liberal party then that's probably center of the NDP which would be fine with me. I'd like to see the Liberal and NDP join together and since looks plays a major role in voter turnouts I'm fine with a pretty boy in charge who values education.

I'll try to learn more about him but if I like what he's about I'd consider switching my vote from NDP to Liberal - but if he's truly left of Liberal then I don't know why he doesn't run as NDP. I'm not sure which way is better to get the Conservatives out. Remember, Conservatives typically hated Pierre Trudeau and to be fair they had pretty good reason. So he's not getting their votes - and there seems to be many more conservative types than liberal types in this country. It's becoming Americanada.

ForeverAutumn
10-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Isn't nepotism grand? Finally had enough of the teacher salary and figures why not do half as much work for 4-10 times the money (depending whether he wins).

LOL!

there seems to be many more conservative types than liberal types in this country.

You know, I think a big part of that is Leadership. Speaking for myself and my husband, we can generally vote either way. We are not Harper fans by any means. But the last few Liberal leaders have been so weak that we had no confidence in the Liberal party and voted Conservative in the last several elections (and it didn't help that I was still pissed over the sponsorship scandal). We're begging for a good Liberal leader that we can feel comfortable voting for. We would have been happy to have Bob Rea stay on as leader.

I'm not sure about Trudeau yet. I like that he's young. I'd like to think that he'll bring a more grounded perspective to the party. But then I have to remember that he still had a pretty privileged upbringing...so can he identify with the average Canadian? Time will tell.

Feanor
10-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Another Trudeau for PM? What are your thoughts on Trudeau Jr.?
Don't see what there is about the guy that would make me vote for him for the Liberal leadership, or for the Liberal Party with him as leader ... Might change my mind in a decade or after a couple of general elections.

I'm pretty certain I'll vote NDP next election. I voted Liberal in the last hoping it would keep out the Conservative guy but the strategy failed unfortunately.

It sucks big time that the Conservatives will be lording it over us for four years with only 40% of the popular vote. I'd vote Communist, (not to mention Liberal), to keep Harper & the Conservatives out of power.