Beach House, Mother Mother, Sheepdogs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beach House, Mother Mother, Sheepdogs

audiobill
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
If you had to attend one of the following bands' live shows, which one would you pick & why?

Of course, you may choose neither, as they may not be aligned with your musical mojo!

Beach House

Mother Mother

The Sheepdogs

P.S., I've only heard their music on You Tube and, generally, I've liked what I've heard. All 3 bands are coming my way, yet I'd like some input from RRers who know the bands better than I. Thanks!

Jack in Wilmington
09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Never heard of any of them, so I guess my answer would be none. Well what do you know, The Sheepdogs are playing in Philly tonight.

Jim Clark
09-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Beach House.

1. Beach House is the only one of the three I'm familiar with
2. Beach House rules
3. It would be worth it for one song alone - 10 Mile Stereo

Beach House - 10 Mile Stereo, Live @ Conan O'Brien - YouTube (http://youtu.be/nI5kWfx4B1M)

jc

audiobill
09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Beach House.

1. Beach House is the only one of the three I'm familiar with
2. Beach House rules
3. It would be worth it for one song alone - 10 Mile Stereo

Beach House - 10 Mile Stereo, Live @ Conan O'Brien - YouTube (http://youtu.be/nI5kWfx4B1M)

jc

Thanks, JC.

Beach House it is then. We're going to see them on October 13, at the Kool Haus, in Toronto. The opening band is called Poor Moon. Should be a good night out and based on your rec and the various videos I've seen on youtube, they look like an intriguing band. Hope that their live show is great.

Thanks-a-ton,
Bill

Jim Clark
09-25-2012, 05:00 AM
They came through Lawrence, KS last month. Small venue was a perfect environment for them. You should have fun.
jc

Finch Platte
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Weren't the Sheepdogs the winners of the Rolling Stone battle of the blands?

So, yeah, I'd pass on the Sheepdogs.

audiobill
09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Weren't the Sheepdogs the winners of the Rolling Stone battle of the blands?

So, yeah, I'd pass on the Sheepdogs.

Thanks for the "deke" Finchy. Matter of fact, they sound too 70s Canadian rock to my ears. Nothing new to offer. Wasn't aware of the Rolling Stone battle. Cool.