Jason Mraz Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jason Mraz Review

BarryL
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Took the girls to see Jason Mraz last night in Toronto, and it was fantastic. The place was sold out - 17,000 people.

The man has a sense of songwriting and performance that is uncanny. Very much Motown influenced, but many diverse styles. Most reminiscent of Joe Jackson in style of arrangements, but a highly original performer. This man loves his music and his fans.

Performed with a three-piece brass section, percussion, keys, two guitarists and bass, and back up vocalist who doubled on violin.

The kids sang to his hits, and he covered lots from his four albums, but his electric version of Plane stole the show for me. Couldn't find it on the internet, but with the video background and the full band, it was fantastic.

If you're aspiring to be a performing artist, this is the guy to model yourself after.

I've already said he'll be this generation's James Taylor. I'm upping the ante. He is going to redefine the art of popular music for the 21st century.

When he comes to your town, have an open mind, and don't miss him. Now is the time to see him.

Hyfi
09-11-2012, 02:58 AM
I have liked the few things I have heard or watched.

We shall see if he has the staying power.

ForeverAutumn
09-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Sounds like a great show! Maybe I should be paying more attention to this guy. I'll have to do some investigation as I really don't know much about him or his music.

Hyfi
09-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a great show! Maybe I should be paying more attention to this guy. I'll have to do some investigation as I really don't know much about him or his music.

Save your money, Buy the OPPO, get a concert DVD of JM and watch it forever, Autumn.

BarryL
09-11-2012, 06:31 AM

This is one of his better songs from his new album - simple but effective.

Played it with a full band. Here's an accoustic version.

93 Million Miles -Jason Mraz - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnh6TtlBSU&feature=related)