Joy Divison Remasters [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joy Divison Remasters

unleasHell
11-26-2003, 08:17 AM
You know, once or twice a year I pull out my Joy Division CD's and listen to them. I have Unknown Pleasures, Closer, Still, and Substance.

After seeing 24 Hour Party People the other day, it got me wanting to hear them again. Anyway, I don't love every song they did, but many, many of them are so friggen awesome, they put me in this distant, numb, self reflecting mood, somber and saddened, when thinking about Ian Curtis taking his own life. Happy when I recall my life back then, hmmm..

Ok, does anyone have the Joy Divison Remastered Box set? I would be interested to know how the songs compare to the originals (which sound pretty good to me).

After hearing a few Remasters that RUINED the music (namely P. Furs-Talk, Talk, Talk and Lords of the New Church) I am very hestitent to buy this and then and hear versions of the songs I love butchered...

(PS: This is my first post on the new board, hi to all and happy thanksgiving)

Jim Clark
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
After hearing a few Remasters that RUINED the music (namely P. Furs-Talk, Talk, Talk and Lords of the New Church) I am very hestitent to buy this and then and hear versions of the songs I love butchered...

(PS: This is my first post on the new board, hi to all and happy thanksgiving)

No, I haven't heard the remasters and neither have I heard of them. Must crawl out from under the rock more often. I am curious to know why you think the remasters of the bands you listed are butchered. I don't have any you mention and have only a few remasters overall but none of them have been butchered by any means.

jc

PS. Welcome home and happy Thanksgiving to you too.

unleasHell
11-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi Jim, first you can see it here:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=1977474&cart=166110937

I too have dozens of remastered Cd's that sound really good, but I have got a few (as mentioned above) where I guess somebody thought to try and improve on things so much so that they ruined the songs.

You know the way the Bass, drums, guitars and vocals can be overly boosted to the point where it does not sound the same as the original....