Try and talk me out of buying a 2nd OPPO 93 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Try and talk me out of buying a 2nd OPPO 93

Hyfi
09-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I have been thinking that I really don't need a 2nd HT setup in the family room but still want to be able to watch movies and enjoy music. I do have a set of speakers driven from a Rotel receiver in the living room for more quality music listening but also have a smaller TV-DVD-VHS-Stereo setup in the room too.

I was going to buy a new HT Receiver for the Living Room setup and put the Integra 30.3 in the Family room but would still only have a 13 y/o crappy DVD player with no HDMI to use for both music and DVD playback.

So I got to thinking, I really want to have the streaming capabilities of movies and music on my network along with Pandora, good sound and PQ. Instead of spending $800 to $100 on another HT Receiver, and only have Pandora and internet radio streaming, why don't I just get another OPPO at $500? That would give me Blu, DVD, CD, and all the streaming I can ask for. I will move the Hafler-Polk gear from the Gym, which really does not need great gear there, down to the family room and couple it with the OPPO. I can move the HK-B&W setup into the gym.

I could then take the un-spent cash and get some new (or NOS) tubes for my Counterpoint Amp.

What would you do?

bobsticks
09-05-2012, 06:25 AM
I think you should buy a second OPPO 93. Absolutely.

Hyfi
09-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I think you should buy a second OPPO 93. Absolutely.

That is exactly what I was thinking.