08-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Definitely his1986 album August :)

http://www.covershut.com/covers/Eric-Clapton---August-1986-Front-Cover-8158.jpg

Luvin Da Blues
08-13-2012, 03:10 AM
I would go with these....

frenchmon
08-13-2012, 06:26 AM
As much as I followed Clapton all the way from The Yardbirds...John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers... Blind faith....Cream...Derek and the Dominos, and through out his career, It is his works....."Sessions for Robert Johnson" and ....."Me and Mr. Johnson". I also like the works of Clapton with one of his influences, Hubert Sumlin on Howlins wolfs "The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions" ..As much as I love Jazz, I am just as big a fan of Blues and its histroy and how it evolved up to Chicago Blues....IF you are interest in a little blues history...R&B history....check out the Chitlin Circuit here....Chitlins, Catfish and Deep Southern Soul (http://deepsouthernsoul.blogspot.ca/)

MasterCylinder
08-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Wheels of Fire

Smokey
08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
As much as I followed Clapton all the way from The Yardbirds...John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers... Blind faith....Cream...Derek and the Dominos, and through out his career, It is his works....."Sessions for Robert Johnson" and ....."Me and Mr. Johnson".

Of all his early bands and collaborations, my favorite work of his is probably Derek and the Dominos's Layla which I have on LP. I'm not big fan of blues music, so tend to to like his more pop oriented work and albums.

After death of his four-year-old son Connor, who died in 1991 after falling out of a window of a high-rise building, he pretty much withdrew to himself and other than few collaborations with other musicians and cover songs, his albums has been pretty flat.

MasterCylinder
08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Of all his early bands and collaborations, my favorite work of his is probably Derek and the Dominos's Layla which I have on LP. I'm not big fan of blues music, so tend to to like his more pop oriented work and albums. .

Slide guiter is a unique talent................if you are ever-so-slightly off the note in any way, it will sound very much off-key.............the slide guitar work on the song Layla is a glaring example of terrible.
So is Sweet Melissa from the Allmans.
I can't stand either of those even though I really enjoy the other guitar work of both artists.

Playing in a "power trio" structure is very difficult and I chose WHEELS OF FIRE due to the live recordings therein..............fantastic guitar work..............Clapton at this best, IMO.