View Full Version : CAS show report

RGA
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
The show report is as follows

This will be updated periodically

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Event.asp?hEvent=46

tube fan
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
The Audio Note system at the 2010 CAS was vastly better than the one here. However, even in the 2010 Audio Note room, I had a problem with the tonal balance: too prominent in the bass, and too rolled off in the highs. The bass was fantastic, but if great, extended bass is not balanced with extended highs, the system sounds too mellow or polite. Many music lovers are in the "sounds good" camp (e.g., Art Dudley), and for them this mellow sound is ideal as it makes digital listenable in addition to many poorly recorded vinyl records (yes, there are all too many of these). What such systems are NOT is truly accurate (either to the source or to the live event) or "high end", comments from the thin-skinned Art notwithstanding.

Feanor
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
... Many music lovers are in the "sounds good" camp (e.g., Art Dudley), and for them this mellow sound {#1} is ideal as it makes digital listenable in addition to many poorly recorded vinyl records (yes, there are all too many of these {#2} ). What such systems are NOT is truly accurate {#3} (either to the source or to the live event) or "high end", comments from the thin-skinned Art notwithstanding.
Wow! there are several admissions right there. Is there a glimmer of objectivity from Tube Fan? ;)

And what will RGA have to say?? What will his excuses for Audio Note be? :biggrin5:

RGA
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I replied but it got deleted when I clicked submit.

Bottom line - This is a corner loaded design with an 8 watt amp - not placed in corners (with all the ramifications that entails) and it sounded like a shell of what it can do.

If you want a comparison - take your favorite free standing speakers and shove them in corners and you'll find them to sound off on many fronts as well.