Firestone Audio FUBAR II USB DAC [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Firestone Audio FUBAR II USB DAC

Hyfi
08-01-2012, 04:50 AM
A co-worker just handed me a Firestone Audio FUBAR II USB DAC with power wart but no owner manual or user guide. The Firestone website does not have them accessible and the Contact Us will not send message for some reason.

Can anyone tell me about this DAC and where I can get a copy of the user manual in any form...Scanned email, PDF, whatever.

Thanks for any input.

Jack in Wilmington
08-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Audio Advisor sells them, I wonder if they have an extra manual around. It says just plug it into your PC and your computer will recognize it. Then some products will let you download the PDF file. You may have figured this all out by now.

Hyfi
08-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Audio Advisor sells them, I wonder if they have an extra manual around. It says just plug it into your PC and your computer will recognize it. Then some products will let you download the PDF file. You may have figured this all out by now.

Thanks Jack, I do have the AA page open and was going to contact them. The Firestone site has do documentation available and as I said, will not allow me to contact them with their own online tool.

It looks simple enough but I like documentation.

Jack in Wilmington
08-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I forgot to ask, is this co-worker giving this DAC to you, or does he just want you to make it go vrooooooooom?

Hyfi
08-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I forgot to ask, is this co-worker giving this DAC to you, or does he just want you to make it go vrooooooooom?

He mentioned he had it and no use a few days ago and this morning stopped by and gave it to me.

It's close to a $200 unit from what I see.

Feanor
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
A co-worker just handed me a Firestone Audio FUBAR II USB DAC with power wart but no owner manual or user guide. The Firestone website does not have them accessible and the Contact Us will not send message for some reason.

Can anyone tell me about this DAC and where I can get a copy of the user manual in any form...Scanned email, PDF, whatever.

Thanks for any input.
Do you really need a manual? It seems pretty straight forward to me. There is no indication at Firestone that there is an asych USB driver for which you would need a driver.

Hyfi
08-17-2012, 10:22 AM
I got around to hooking this thing up today while working from home.

Using an old Sony STR-DE595 avr and speakers from a boom box and my Grado cans

The speakers suck and I will try with others but if tracks are FLAC or 328s they sound pretty good thru the Grados.

Neat little dac