New here [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New here

williemon
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
New to this board but not to audio systems. I have enjoyed putting together both home and car audio since the early 1980s. Ive toyed with brands such as Carver, Yamaha, Denon, Infinity, Polk, B&W, JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Precision Power, Alpine, MB Quart, Morel in both high end home and car systems.

Currently have a house where I have a dedicated smallish listening room. Current system is a Yamaha preamp (early 1990s), Yamaha M80 power amp (mid 1980s), Pioneer DVD player (serves as cd player) and B&W Signature 7SE speakers, JBL 10" powered sub.

JohnMichael
07-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Welcome to AudioReview and have a good time. If you have a digital camera we like to see systems picture and listeneing spaces.

http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/pics-your-listening-space-38096.html

bobsticks
08-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Welcome Willie!

I look forward to your contributions in the Home theater genre but I've gotta say it'll be a welcome sight to have a character that's involved in car audio as well. What's the best premium system you've set up?

williemon
08-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Car audio has taken a "back seat" gfor a bit but one day I want to setup systems for our honda odyssey and for my tundra.

My best high end system was in an 87 grand prix. Two carver m240 amps crossed over at 70 hz with an audio control 18db per octave electronic crossover with EQX eq. One carver fed two 10" subs ( audio concepts for awhile, then JL Audio) each in a 1.7 cu ft sealed enclosure QTS of .7 The other carver fed four sets of Morel 6" mid/mid bass and 1" silk dome tweeters. There was a time that instead of the 1" silk up front, I used MB Quart titanium dome but I liked the silk dome better in that car. I used several heads over the years I used that system from Alpine and Kenwood.

In a small truck I had I used one precision power amp and one carver amp in a custom build sub cabinet behind the seat. The PPI ran the two 10" mtx blue thunder subs each in a 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure of about QTS 1 to 1.2 It was my fun system I called it. More bump with slightly less detail. The carver ran several bad sets of front speakers but finally was setup with rockford 8" mid/midbass and morel 1" silk dome tweeters.

I love the morel drivers. Also love JL for subs. Looking forward to building more one day.

mililanihawaii
10-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone !! I was a member years ago ,but lost my password. Finally got new password and here I am.

Audiopleased
01-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Welcome Ahh the Yamaha M80 and MB quart was my old system. The (0's amplifiers are still one of my favorites. Enjoy this site and again Welcome !!