Smart or anarchist? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Smart or anarchist?

JohnMichael
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Still chuckling from a conversation this morning. I was out walking my dog when a neighbor pulled up to us obviously agitated. She was very concerned about some writing on the sidewalk. She asked why I thought anyone would do that and did I know what it means.

I was kind and did not laugh. Well not externally anyway. I wanted to soothe the woman's fears so I explained what it all meant. A young mother of two children sat outside and printed the words on the sidewalk. Her children were watching and playing while mom recited the words. I then told panic woman that she was teaching her children, developing a love of reading and enjoying some fresh air. As opposed to setting them in front of the TV.

Next I explained to panic that the words are classic literature. I have known of times when words created fear but this may have been a first time in modern times for "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. "Through The Looking Glass and What Alice Found There" was certainly filled with political and social commentary but should not cause much concern today.

Just a reminder why I do not socialize with my neighbors. I hope next time she recognizes good parenting and not thinking it represents subversive behaviors.

ForeverAutumn
07-31-2012, 09:52 AM
LOL! Good story. The only thing she needs to be afraid of is a Muppet invasion!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UGCJFFxoHJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JohnMichael
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
LOL! Good story. The only thing she needs to be afraid of is a Muppet invasion!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UGCJFFxoHJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks and that is a great performance. I wish I had a way to forward it to her. Sadly even though the young mother wrote both the title and author at the top I do not think she would make the connection.

ForeverAutumn
07-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes. The Muppets never disappoint.

When I was but a young teen, I wanted to act. I took classes and was in many amateur performances, but the thing that they didn't teach you was how to audition (in hindsight, it was very stupid). So, I went to my first open audition for a play and I had to perform a soliloquy. I had not idea what to do, so I performed Jabberwocky. I don't think that the director quite knew what to do with that. LOL! Needless to say, I did not get the part and I gave up my dream of being an actress soon after (in highsight, a very smart decision). :)