Want a mix? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Want a mix?

nobody
07-27-2012, 06:56 AM
I made a mix yesterday to listen to on a car ride last night and was enjoying it so thought I'd offer it up here. Mostly sorta fuzzed out and laid back indie-ish pop/rock stuff. All of it is maybe 2-3 years old or newer. Here's the tracklist:

Cults: Go Outside
Porcelain Raft: Unless You Speak from Your Heart
Washed Out: Feel It All Around
Frankie Rose: Know Me
Dive: Hours
Poliça: Dark Star
The Raveonettes: Forget That You're Young
Beach Fossils: Fall Right In
Lilacs & Champagne: Everywhere, Everyone
Traxman: Chilllll
Run DMT: Romantic
Shannon and the Clams: Baby Don't Do It
Dum Dum Girls: Bedroom Eyes
Sleigh Bells: Rill Rill
The Chromatics: Kill for Love
Apartment House: Blood Sweat & Tears

<a href="http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/2395101/file.html"><b>Summer Mix</b></a>

Special bonus...mix tape version available on cassette if you PM me an address.

noddin0ff
07-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Oh, hey. Nice thing to find on a sunny Monday morning! Thanks

bobsticks
07-30-2012, 04:41 AM
I'm really digging this. I've a passing familiarity with Broken Bells and Polica and even the Cults but there's some new stuff more me and everything seems to be falling the right way. This mix makes me want to buy a convertible, drive to Miami, and get an ugly shirt...and I can't stand Miami.

audiobill
07-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Much appreciated nobody.

Your mix is playing on a balcony overlooking the Aegean and it is perfect for the setting. May just have to get an ouzo & water to enjoy it even better. Many new artists for me! Thanks-a-ton, audiobill

nobody
07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Glad some of you are digging it. I do think it has a nice summer vibe for those too hot hazy days when you just wanna kick back with a drink and not expend too much energy.

And Audiobill, I am basically insanely jealous of my mix getting to look out over the sea right about now as I stare at my office walls.