First Jean Jacket in 20 years.!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : First Jean Jacket in 20 years.!!!

Worf101
07-26-2012, 06:40 AM
As some of you might know I've been fighting "Da Battle of Da Bulge" for some time now. I'm now in "2FoundLand" (under 300 pounds) by a fair bit. As a result clothing options that were not available to me in recent past have opened up. This is the first Jean Jacket I've bought in years. It's just a Lee Brand "Side Belt" but I actually have a WAIST! Who knew?

Worf

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Worf101/Jackets/IMG_0921.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Worf101/Jackets/IMG_0922.jpg

ForeverAutumn
07-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Looking good there Worfster!

Congrats on the weight loss. I know first hand how difficult it is to lose weight (but oh so easy to gain it!). Nicely done.

GMichael
07-26-2012, 07:38 AM
You da man, man.
Looking good as FA stated. Keep up the good work.

dean_martin
07-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Awesome! I wanna hang wi' dat dude.

The wife just texted me from the doctor's office. She's gained weight since her last visit. The homelife will be rough the next couple of days.

I put on some poundage since starting blood pressure medication. I think it zapped my energy until my body adjusted. Now that I've adjusted, I need to get active again. How'd you do it and what's that stogie?

Worf101
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Awesome! I wanna hang wi' dat dude.

The wife just texted me from the doctor's office. She's gained weight since her last visit. The homelife will be rough the next couple of days.

I put on some poundage since starting blood pressure medication. I think it zapped my energy until my body adjusted. Now that I've adjusted, I need to get active again. How'd you do it and what's that stogie?

Brutha!

I know FULL WELL what happens when wifeypoo gains weight and you don't. Life becomes... shall we say "interesting". Me I god diagnosed with Type II Diabetes about 11 years ago. I was then about 350 pounds of bad cholesterol and attitude. How'd I dood it?

1. Cut out soda - Now drink ONE or TWO a YEAR!
2. Cut out fast food - Much as I love my Popyeyes and White Castle it was them or me.
3. Back to the Gym - Every other day when I'm not doing the lawn or playing music. THIS is the hard part.
4. Don't buy it. - If you don't buys it (chips etc..) you'se cain't eat it!
5. Slow and steady - It'll take you just as many years to take that weight OFF as it took for you to put it on. There are no shortcuts, no easy fixes. I KNOW 7 people who've done stomach staples, lap bands etc... and they've ALL gained back every bit they lost AND MORE!!!! You have to change your head BEFORE you can change your body... (Chite I'm sounding like Oprah here).

That's my story and thank god I've stuck to it.

Worf

thekid
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Congratulations!!!
You deserve to light one up to celebrate your hard work.
It looks like your discipline has paid off and it will pay off for you and your family for years to come.

At the risk of high jacking a thread let me post a pick of my 30+ year old jean jacket.
This was done by my brother years ago. He would hand draw LP covers onto a piece of white cloth and then needlepoint in the design using the same color scheme as the LP. A very tedious task but he made several awesome shirts and for my B-Day when I was in college I got this. Yes-I can still wear it with ease..... :D

thekid
07-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Congratulations!!!
You deserve to light one up to celebrate your hard work.
It looks like your discipline has paid off and it will pay off for you and your family for years to come.
It takes a big man to become a smaller one........

At the risk of high jacking this thread let me post a pic of my 30+ year old jean jacket.
This was done by my brother years ago. He would hand draw LP covers onto a piece of white cloth and then needlepoint in the design using the same color scheme as the LP. A very tedious task but he made several awesome shirts. For my B-Day when I was in college I got this.
Yes- I still wear it .... :D

JohnMichael
07-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Brutha!

I know FULL WELL what happens when wifeypoo gains weight and you don't. Life becomes... shall we say "interesting". Me I god diagnosed with Type II Diabetes about 11 years ago. I was then about 350 pounds of bad cholesterol and attitude. How'd I dood it?

2. Cut out fast food - Much as I love my Popyeyes and White Castle it was them or me.
3. Back to the Gym - Every other day when I'm not doing the lawn or playing music. THIS is the hard part.
5. Slow and steady - It'll take you just as many years to take that weight OFF as it took for you to put it on. There are no shortcuts, no easy fixes. I KNOW 7 people who've done stomach staples, lap bands etc... and they've ALL gained back every bit they lost AND MORE!!!! You have to change your head BEFORE you can change your body... (Chite I'm sounding like Oprah here).

Worf

Congrats on the weight loss and continued improvements. What no Popeye's? I miss Church's chicken and their fries and I think that is where I ate my first jalapeno. Oh wait I am also Type II. I better cut out the roll.

Seriously I need to get serious about my weight and A1C's. I like your idea about cutting out certain foods instead of going on a crazy diet that makes me crazy after about a week or two. I tried the Paleo diet but after a week and a half without carbs I was mean.

RGA
07-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Congrats Worf

It's a battle - I float between 190 and 230 lbs but lately mostly at 230lbs and I'm 5'11 so I need to work it off.

Getting off the pop is big - but according to some studies it is highly addictive like cocaine. Exercise is important but less so that diet where weight is concerned.

My doctor gave me a simple diet to follow and it works (if i actually follow it). No sugar, no bread, no cereal (of any kind no matter who makes it and that includes all oatmeal/organic musli type stuff) and no potatoes. Small amounts or rice/carbs and lots of greens. Similar to Atkins but just healthier with more natural foods. Shop on the outer aisles of the grocery store. If it's in a package it's probably going to make you fat.

Hunter/gatherer makes sense - all that bread and musli stuff is processed - there is no "tree" or "bush" you can just pick it and eat it so it's not good. You pick fruit and berries and eat animals fish - see what other animals eat naturally. And when people ate like that before all the processing they were not bigger than small cars. So it's pretty logical.

A great snack is celery and peanut butter/cream cheese. Something about celery but apparently the body spends more calories burning it than is in it. So it's a negative food. Might be folklore but it seems to work.

I see a lot of fatter kids in Hong Kong - and where do I see them - at McDonalds. The mix of carbs in the bread - the salty and fat of the fries, and the huge sugar of the soda is wonderful for tastebuds - increases dopamine and the pleasure center of the brain - it's highly addictive and it's very tough to stop. Add in that it's very cheap and fast and even I knowing all this still go there too often. I get home from work and I can buy a Big mac combo for $2.50US and it's tempting. Add a chocolate fudge sundae for $0.75 and it's certainly popular with people who don't make much money.

Worf101
07-26-2012, 08:13 PM
It's America's latest and probably toughest struggle! I know from living it, like some of you. Problem is there's no "smoking channel" or "crack channel" but 2 or 3 food and cooking channels!!!! Arrrgh!!! But if we can ween America off of Tobacco, we can do it with fatty foods. just keep fightin', never ever give up. That's what people have always done... here and everywhere. I think of those brave women in Liberia that started a sex embargo till the men stopped slaughtering one another and came to the negotiating table... food is easy, that took guts! They risked their lives for change and it worked.

I'm no cheer leader, we all have to do what we can when and where we can. If we just do that... it'll get better. End of "Kumbaya" moment.

Worf.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Brutha!

Worf

This sounds like a good plan. And congrats on the weight loss! I have never had any problems with my weight, but it does vacillate between 170-175lbs, and I am 6ft. I don't do fried foods of any kind(except that VERY occasional piece home made fried chicken that my best friend makes), and I only go to one fast food place which is El Pollo Loco. Their chicken is flamed cooked, and I only eat the rice and beans, or their salads. I am a runner and power walker, and I do both religiously. I have dogs that must be walked an hour every day, and that helps. At work, I only sit down when I have to mix, and stand up at production meetings. I like to move, and the only time I want to sit down is when I eat, and when I listen to music or watch movies.

All I can say is go Worf, and keep going. If you lost as much as you have, you can lose more if you want to.

I shocks me how much you look like T.D. Jakes....just shocking!