KISS top 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : KISS top 3

Smokey
07-18-2012, 09:11 PM
If you were a teenage party animal in late 70s and early 80s, any party you walk into seem to play KISS albums while smoking and drinking was goimg on. So they are considerd more of party band rather than [intense listening] conventional band.

However they manage to put out few good songs here and there to keep fans interested, and to make it to this list:

1. Tears Are Falling
2. I Love It Loud
3. Detroit Rock City

http://www.sergev.net/kiss/img/band_original.jpg

Luvin Da Blues
07-19-2012, 03:21 AM
"KISS top 3" now there's an oxymoron. :lol:

Hyfi
07-19-2012, 04:11 AM
"KISS top 3" now there's an oxymoron. :lol:

I was figuring he would be lucky to find 3 people who listen/ed to KISS.

Jack in Wilmington
07-19-2012, 05:00 AM
I don't want to Diss Kiss, but they were more of a Miss.

Luvin Da Blues
07-19-2012, 05:15 AM
I was figuring he would be lucky to find 3 people who listen/ed to KISS.

To tell the truth, the only song I can stomach is "Beth' and even sayin' that, if only hear it every 5 years or so is enough for me.

Now if we're were talkin about the Bay City Rollers.....:crazy:

Hyfi
07-19-2012, 05:23 AM
To tell the truth, the only song I can stomach is "Beth' and even sayin' that, if only hear it every 5 years or so is enough for me.

Now if we're were talkin about the Bay City Rollers.....:crazy:

I'm not sure if I ever listened to a whole KISS song, nor could I name a single tune they did......Who?

Jim Clark
07-19-2012, 05:28 AM
I'm not too proud to admit that I was a Kiss Freak as a child. My first album purchase was Rock and Roll Over when I was in the 3'rd grade. Still have that and all the subsequent Kiss albums. Well, all until Alive II, at which point I grew out of it. I even still have the two Marvel Kiss comics (printed in real blood : )

Every now and then I'll try to revisit an album for old times sake. I can't stand to listen to more than a track or two. It' really pretty dreadful stuff. My top three tracks back then would probably be:

Rock and Roll All Night
Love Gun
God Of Thunder

I listened to all of those albums enough back then to last a lifetime though.

jc

Mr MidFi
07-19-2012, 05:42 AM
I, too, was a white, suburban teenage dipsh!t once. When I was 13 (in 1976), I took $5 of my own cash and purchased the Destroyer album (produced by Bob Ezrin, btw) at the local stereo store. I remember it like it was yesterday. Fortunately, my KISS phase lasted only a few months.

Rock and Roll All Night
Shout It Out Loud
Back in the NY Groove (from Ace's solo disc)

OK, I cheated on the third one.

Jim Clark
07-19-2012, 05:54 AM
I, too, was a white, suburban teenage dipsh!t once. When I was 13 (in 1976), I took $5 of my own cash and purchased the Destroyer album (produced by Bob Ezrin, btw) at the local stereo store. I remember it like it was yesterday. Fortunately, my KISS phase lasted only a few months.

Rock and Roll All Night
Shout It Out Loud
Back in the NY Groove (from Ace's solo disc)

OK, I cheated on the third one.

I'll be honest, I really didn't know that Back in the New York Groove was Ace Frehley. Thanks for providing my fun factoid for the day.

Hyfi
07-19-2012, 06:23 AM
WOW, so including Smokey, there are 3 who have a top 3.

bobsticks
07-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Green Machine
50 Million Year Trip
Allen's Wrench

nobody
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Strutter
Christine Sixteen
Hard Luck Woman

Finch Platte
07-19-2012, 08:20 AM
I only bought the first one and that was enought for me. So all my picks are from that one.

Strutter (thanks, nobody)
Firehouse
Cold Gin (It's cold gin time again!!)

Kiss-related note: Gene Simmons and his loverly wife Shannon Tweed are on the latest cover of Beer magazine. Apparently, even tho Gene doesn't drink, he's opening a Rock & Brews Beer Bar. Works for me!

All About Beer Magazine » Gene Simmons Announces Rock & Brews Beer Bar (http://allaboutbeer.com/daily-pint/whats-brewing/2012/03/gene-simmons-announces-rock-brews-beer-bar/)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EP-ehRZ8p_E/TjjBUgaDumI/AAAAAAAAAlg/CZP6FgOMuPI/s1600/s.tweed.1985.jpg

TheHills44060
07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
I was a KISS fanatic growing up. My first concert ever was seeing KISS at the Philadelphia Spectrum when I was 6. Still have all of my albums and most of my posters.

1. C'mon and Love Me - Alive version
2. Got To Choose
3. I Stole Your Love

Smokey
07-19-2012, 10:56 PM
WOW, so including Smokey, there are 3 who have a top 3.

Would you like to revise that number as thanks to stick, nobody, Finch and hills, we now have 7 with top 3 :)

As Jim Clark said, some of their songs are pretty dreadful stuff. So their greatest songs compilation albums are probably as close as one can get from them in term of listenable songs. Either way, they do have a place in hard rock history.

MasterCylinder
07-20-2012, 04:19 AM
I admit that in my band days, we played STRUTTER for a short time.

Other than that I really don't have any familiarity with their material.

IMHO, their best tunes are covers.

Jack in Wilmington
07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Would you like to revise that number as thanks to stick, nobody, Finch and hills, we now have 7 with top 3 :)

As Jim Clark said, some of their songs are pretty dreadful stuff. So their greatest songs compilation albums are probably as close as one can get from them in term of listenable songs. Either way, they do have a place in hard rock history.

Last time I looked 147 people had viewed the post and 7 had a top 3. That's............well you do the math.

RoyY51
07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
1)

2)

3)

bobsticks
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Last time I looked 147 people had viewed the post and 7 had a top 3. That's............well you do the math.

Lol, ssshhh...don't tell anybody but mine were all from Sons of Kyuss so it's actually 6...:cornut:

Smokey
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Lol, ssshhh...don't tell anybody but mine were all from Sons of Kyuss so it's actually 6...:cornut:

That also mean I have to take back one of my "thanks". And guess from whom :ciappa: